“Not safe, not comfortable”
Review of Cortez Club Scuba

Cortez Club Scuba
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not safe, not comfortable”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This dive op runs very small boats with no emergency gear such as oxygen or defribrillators. Premiere dive sites are very long distance from shore, so if you have a problem out there, you are toast. If you are looking at rough weather, the small boats are not going to make it out to the premiere dive sites. We were told it was only going to be 1/2 hour to pick-up tourists at a camp site, it took 1.5 hours. The bigger boats run by the other operators were zooming past us while we had to stop and put on our wet suits for the last hour of our trip and we got pummelled. We had no chance to make it out to Los Islotes or El Bajo. Conditions were going to be the same the next day. The dive op refused to refund the remainder of my deposit as I did not want to continue diving in those conditions.

Visited November 2011
8 Thank scubagirl109

Colorado Springs, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Cortez club has poor customer service”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

They took our money without providing the service. I would not use this dive op in La Paz.
The boats were very small, uncomfortable and service was poor. Did not receive the lunch they had us order the day before from a menu. They charge over $12 American dollars. It was just a cold sandwich from a local store and ours wasn't even on the boat. Also, we gave them a credit card deposit the day of arrival which they would not return to us when we decided that their operation was not safe on small boats and we wanted to go with another dive op. I would be careful doing business with this group.

Visited October 2011
8 Thank divecolorado707
Terrace, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great dives!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Fantastic dive company! I was a little nervous heading out to El Bajo but The Cortez Club and my divemaster, Tomoko, made me feel totally safe and secure from the moment I arrived. Top notch service with your safety as their top concern. After 11 hammerheads, 4 whale sharks, playing sea lions and much more, I will be back to La Paz very soon. Thanks again for an amazing time!

Visited November 2011
3 Thank jknox44
Smithers
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Diving, great service.”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

No Hammerheads at El Bajo the day we went, but we had the sea-lion colony at Los Islotes all to ourselves. Snorkelluing with Whale Sharks was unforgettable!

Visited October 2011