“Not worth it.”

Steinbeck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Steinbeck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 351 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nuestro restaurante Steinbeck´s se encuentra abierto para las cenas a partir de las 6 Pm, cuenta con una maravillosa vista a la marina y campo de golf, nuestros huéspedes y visitantes podrán disfrutar de un estilo de comida Refinada Casual con especialidades a la Parrilla de Mezquite nuestro menú esta enriquecido con excelentes ensaladas y entradas frescas y ligeras asi como de cenar de lo mejor en cortes de carne de calidad Angus, todos los días nuestro chef lanza especiales surgidos de su inspiración además de contar con nuestros Tasting Menus o cenas maridadas con vino donde sus invitados tendrán una experiencia única probando lo mejor de nuestra cocina acompañado de un tour virtual por las mejores regiones y casa vinícolas de México.Nuestra selección de vino con más de 120 etiquetas delicadamente seleccionadas y nuestros cocteles hacen de Steinbeck´s no un lugar para cenar sino el lugar de la cena.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Too expensive for what you get. Service is very good, food is meh - instead walk over the the marina and try one of the 3 restaurants there.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm a meat lover, the service is incredible, the octopus tastes great, love the wide variety of wines, and it is so romantic, I loved the view to the marina. You should definitely try it not only once.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friend and I were staying at the hotel and every night we walked by this restaurant it was always empty except for young wait staff checking their Iphones. I found a review of this restaurant in the hotel magazine, "El Sabor" raving about the new chef at this restaurant who specialized in "local Mexican flavors with an international flair." The chef was brought in from Mexico City to showcase the new cuisine of Mexico in a fine dining establishment.

The good, the setting was lovely. We were able to sit outside overlooking the marina and it was quiet and peaceful. The bad: the food. Our meal began with what we supposed was the house bread but it was literally a basket of burnt toast. This burnt toast was served with hard butter. A surprising start to our fine dining meal. My friend had the tortilla soup which was acidic and unflavorful. Having lived in Mexico before and had many bowls of tortilla soup, I was surprised that this soup could be so inedible. My friend also had a side of squash which was hard and undercooked. She asked for it to be cooked more and on the third try having it sent back, it was burnt.

I tried the steak for 37 US and the asparagus side for $7 US. Both were disappointing. The steak was extremely fatty and didn't have that seared steak taste. It was lukewarm like it had come out of the microwave. The asparagus was woody and extremely oily. Not what I would consider fine dining.

When we were given the bill promptly after our plates were taken away, the waiter stood hovering for us to pay the bill. He returned 3 times in 5 mins to see if we had paid the bill. My guess is he wanted to check for the tip. This was extremely unpleasant and in a fine dining restaurant, one expects to take their time and relax after dinner. I would not recommend this restaurant. I checked with our young waiter if the chef that was featured in the magazine was having a day off. The waiter replied, "no, it was the same chef."

Upon leaving the restaurant we did notice two other tables with people and observed that both tables were just having drinks. Perhaps that is the reason for enjoying the view at this restaurant. Do not be like us and be the only people dining at this restaurant which serves such bad food!

2  Thank thetis11
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Good food and drinks. Creative menu and ingredients.
Again, I don't appreciate having to write 50 charachters here. I said what I wanted to say already.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Lovely place in the Hotel where we are staying. We had roasted beet salad, octopus salad, both were great. Shrimp bisque not so great. Had fish for entry, not sure what kind of fish, one said yellow tail another something else. It was not tasty. The asparagus was good though. The service was lovely. The bill with tip and drinks (one each) came to $75.00. I think it was a high for the quality of food which was overall good but not excellent as I had hoped.