“great ecotour company”

Espiritu & Baja Tours
Ranked #4 of 60 Tours in La Paz
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim with the sea lions and snorkeling in the beautiful clear waters of the Sea of Cortes at Espiritu Santo Island.Reaching the island takes us around 45 minutes. Once We get there our activities are snorkeling with the playful sea lions, time to enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches of the area and sight seeing.
Sebastopol, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great ecotour company”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Espirtu y Baja Tours is a small eco tourism company in La Paz, Baja California. Having owned an eco tour company myself decades ago, I was very impressed with their commitment to the local ecology and superbly managed tours. We took their tour to the island of Espiritu Santo this last winter and had a wonderful experience. Rodrigo, their tour guide is a marine biologist well versed with the marine life, geology and history of the area among many other subjects and speaks several languages. Cesar, the vessel's pilot, is a local from Espiritu Santo and both men have a knack for creating a welcoming and entertaining atmosphere very much appreciated by their clients. Our son is autistic and they took special care of him during the entire trip. We also enjoyed Rodrigo's delicious ceviche which he prepared himself for the trip's lunch. And if this experience wasn't enjoyable enough, we also ate breakfast and lunch at "Cachitos", the cozy coffee bar and eatery next door run by Carla, a friend of the guys at the tour company. We liked her fare so much that we kept returning during our ten day stay in La Paz. It's also a great place to have breakfast before the tour begins. Her crepes are scrumptious!
Unfortunately, the unusual cold and windy weather which blew down from the Artic spoiled our plans to partake in other Espiritu y Baja tours but we will definitely continue their tours this year when we return to La Paz. Check out their photos in Facebook.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank caribbeansavvy

Alamosa, Colorado
“Wonderful guide, great captain, incredible experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went out a couple of days ago on the tour to Espiritu Santo island and to snorkel with the sea lions at Isla Los Isolotes. What an incredible time. Our guide, Pepe, and Captain Coco (sp?) were both outstanding and very professional. The island itself is magnificent with beautiful white sandy beaches and stunning clear blue water, plus an incredible array of wildlife. My wife has worked for a river running company in the US and she remarked at how attentive Pepe was, making sure that everyone had a chance to see the sea lions and more importantly to ensure the safety and whereabouts of all the guests at all times.

Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“two amazing waterman”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

first off,my review here is going to be a little different.this review is more about the two young ambassadors to isla espiritu santos that were masquerading as simple tour guides. rodrigio and cesar,are two of the most amazing watermen that i have had the privilege to meet, ever!!! and i have been privileged to meet a few due to my wonderful career in sportfishing here in southern cal. these two guys get it! there passion for all things isla espiritu, both above and below the waters surface was inspiring and compelling .their compassion for all things living and the history and geography of the islands is so genuine. their stories and observations,made this magical adventure so over the top wonderful, that i have to say please, consider, there are many deals to be had on the malacone, to visit this world heritage site, dont go with any body else.they are part of the magic that is isla espiritu santos.

2 Thank 2richies
Espiritubaja, Guia de turistas at Espiritu & Baja Tours, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
My friend thank you for your kind words, the sea is our passion , every member of Espiritu Y Baja do love the nature and do their best to be well inform,
When the weather turns bad I full trust on my captain he has being on board of boats since he was on dippers. So who else to trust our lives than captain Cesar.
Once again thank you for your kind words
McMinnville, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of La PAz”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Took our kids out of school for a week and decided on this excursion one day, all I can say is my kids learned more on this trip that a whole week of school could have taught them. Ricardo is amazing, he and the boat captain made sure that safety and education were of the utmost importance on the trip. My wife and I loved the environmental aspects of the Islands and the importance impacts humans could have had on the Island. Don't get me wrong I'm no tree huger but this is a special place that needs to be preserved. For the price its value is more than adequate, by far the biggest tip I left all week was with these guys, well worth it!
The sea lions were just ok for me, being a fisherman in the NW of US I'm not really prone to like the fur bags, but for the people into that thing it was fine. I spent most of my time with my mom and dad who don't swim, should have held them out on that and waited for calmer waters. My 7 and 6 year old were digging it, Rod took them into the caves to see the pups and such, safety was paramount for Rod who is an amazing swimmer, linguist, diver and ex-life guard, the dude is a beast in the water. Do yourself a favor and hit these guys up, REQUEST Rod for sure! 10 out of 5 stars!
Bring a long sleeve shirt or sweat shirt for the ride back, it is out there and it does get cool. The boats are sweet, taking some good swells the captain was a stud as this was his home fishing waters, he knew what he was doing and never felt in danger, only used half of the power he had in that motor, good equipment. The cevchie lunch is the best I had of the week.

2 Thank Jason B
Espiritubaja, Guia de turistas at Espiritu & Baja Tours, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed the tour with us, your family is amassing and also we were quite surprised to see how fast your little girl learn to free dive.
Hope seeing you soon in La Paz, maybe for the grey whale seasons
big hugs and kisses for your family
San Francisco, California
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I took two tours with this company: The snorkel with whale shark tour and the Isla Espiritu Santo tour. Both were the highlights of my La Paz trip. The guides are very friendly and they make they do their best for you to have a good time. They are knowledgable. We went in the water six times at the whale shark tour and we swam with them! It was one of the best experiences of my life. The Espiritu tour is a full day event and I enjoyed every minute of it. The tour includes snorkeling with sea lions, snorkeling at a really big reef, yummy ceviche lunch at a pristine beach, lots of stops around the island for great picture taking. Guide explains a lot of things about the island. Snorkeling with sea lions was the highlight for me. Best snorkeling I did so far.

4 Thank eerdem
Espiritubaja, at Espiritu & Baja Tours, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
You 3 were great guests, every excursion was a challenge for us foir giving you every day a new and different adventure.