“Best part was the strolling trio”
Review of Las Tres Virgenes

Las Tres Virgenes
Ranked #4 of 307 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“Best part was the strolling trio”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We live in San Jose del Cabo and this was my first trip to La Paz. With the reviews and recommendations for LTV I was expecting food that was somehow a bit more consistent and sophisticated, being that we were in the Capital of BCS.

Good points: it's a nice courtyard style restaurant, similar to 10-15 or so in Los Cabos, but it's actually about 10-20% less expensive. For the most part drinks were good, service average, food average for an upscale restaurant like this. Strolling musicians were wonderful, the woman singer's voice was pure and clear and lit up the night.

Bad points: Coulda been a bad night, but we ordered pulpo (octopus) as an appetizer, and instead of small, nice bites, we got two whole ones plopped on top of each other, tentacles ensnared. Muy auténtico!? Mine was relatively tender but my girlfriend got a tough one and swears she'll never eat it again in any form. We both needed extra drinks to wash them down. Everything that followed was decent enough, but the pulpo stuck in our craw.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Chip B

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Recommended by B&B Host”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This was a great outing. We dined here twice during our La Paz stay. The menu is a nice mix of seafood, steaks, chicken, and lamb. The lamb fabulous. My only recommendation is that the staff not hover quite so much. Loved the food and the ambiance.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank sharon_cunningham26
Portland, Oregon
“So looking foward to eating here but so disappointed”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I heard so many grand reviews about Las Tres Virgenes we were excited
to finally stay in La Paz and visit it.

Yes, its a nice atmosphere ( there are better around in the same area) and
yes the service is very good.

I ordered the Chicken breast stuffed with pull pork and raisins. It was dry
and tough. In all my years I have only sent food back three times. This
was one of them. Our waiter notice the face I made after my first and second bite and came over concerned. They were going to recook it
but I said no. Once a bad plate is put in front of me I am done.

I sipped on my margarita (my first choice would have been white wine, but the only one they had by the glass was a very cheap wine that i do not care for) as my husband; he ate his pine nut organic chicken breast, which he felt was very bland and kept adding pepper, but it was moist.

Near the end, a table lit up their cigarettes, which blew to our table so I got
up and left and waited outside, not wanting a migraine.

Maybe this was a rare occurrence for a bad dish to be sent from the kitchen,
but it sure disappointed me.

As for smoking in Mexico; it is not allowed in restaurants, but allowed
in outdoor seating. Although Tres Virgenes has some indoor seating, many tables are in an outdoor setting which are surrounded by walls and a wood type cover .Therefore keeping the smoke and smell in.

Wished we had gone to Corazon's a block down and up. We had looked
in it earlier in the day and checked out the gourmet Mexican menu, which was very enticing and the interior was very beautiful. However, I was sent on dining at Las Virgenes . Next time.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank benjamin07
Cabo ose del Cabo, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, great food, great look...”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We visited Las Tres Virgenes during a trip to La Paz. The food was a mix between contemporary and tradition, executed very well. A majority of the items are cooked on their mesquite grill right in the dining court yard. Our family who joined us normally is not a fan of mesquite, loved every thing including the table bread warmed on the grill.
They seem to use a lot of local produce and meats. We had free range chicken breast over mint mashed potatoes with a pine nut sauce. The flan was to die for. It was easily the best flan I have had in Baja Sur and I have been here for 6 years.

They have indoor and outdoor settings. Even though it is cool at night, we opted for the courtyard near the grill. The waiter offered us Mexican blankets to keep warm when we arrived. The service was excellent through the whole meal.

It is a little hard to find, but it is one door down from Aramburo grocery store.

• Visited January 2011
vancouver
“wonderful & elegant”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

[we were there in March 2008.] Although not in the tourist area of town, well worth the short drive from the water.

As mentioned by another review the dining area is in a serene alfresco courtyard. Our food was prepared at an open hearth a few feet from us.

The staff are courteous and restrained. (This is not a tacqueria, but serves upscale carefully executed delicious food.)

• Visited February 2010