“Great Fishing Excursion with Tailhunter”

Tailhunter International Sportfishing
Ranked #5 of 76 Tours in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1996 by Baja Sur Fishing Expert Jonathan Roldan who still personally oversees all operations with his wife/fishing buddy Jilly. Tailhunter International Sportfishing is a full service outfitter offer excursions year round on the Sea of Cortez where the diversity of species is epic. Specializing in the calm and pristine waters of La Paz's two Island treasures of Isla Espiritu Santu and Isla Cerralvo, Tailhunter offers world famous full service and customized fishing, spearfishing and diving packages which include lodging at the finest local beach resorts and transportation to/from either La Paz or Los Cabos international airports. Tailhunter has adventures in and on the water for all ages with our headquarters on the Bay of La Paz under the big Palapa!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just returned from and unforgettable 3 day fishing trip with Tailhunter. From the moment we were picked up at the airport to the moment we left, Jonathan and Jill made sure that we were taken care of all the way. The hospitality and friendliness were remarkable. Both Jonathan and Jill were amazing. Always making sure we had whatever we needed and went beyond service to make sure we were taken to the locations for the days trip or anywhere we needed to go. Everyone at Tailhunter were superior. From the drivers to the captains to the clerks, not one of them went by without checking in to make sure we had what we wanted. I have been to a few different places, but have never been treated so well. It was an unforgettable trip that my brother and I had and a lot of that is due to Jonathan, Jill and the Tailhunter Staff. We are already looking forward to another trip to La Paz and the Tailhunter. Thanks Jonathan, Jill and the Tailhunter Staff for an amazing trip.

All reviews
"first class operation"
in 12 reviews
"work hard"
in 15 reviews
"different species of fish"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just returned from a great week with Jonathon and Jill in La Paz. I fish alot and specifically with a fly rod when ever possible. This trip I brought my 8 yr old son with some trepidation because of his small size and the possible limits he might have with the heat. Simply put, We Had a Blast!!
My pictures do a better job telling the story but let me say that Jonathon and Jill made sure our trip was catered to our needs and that everything went smooth, as always.
Do yourself an favor if your going to La Paz...Call them or email your dates and what you want to do. They will do a great job making the most of your time in La Paz.
This is Dorado season so we focused on catching them with light tackle and flies. We succeeded all around and also caught giant humboldt squid, bonita, skipjack tuna and fun fish like triggers and puffers.
We had shots at Marlin and could have targeted Tuna but choose not to.
Great trip from pickup to drop off. Special consideration to all the drivers and those that work at Tailhunter restaurant. They are the nicest people you will meet in La Paz!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've been a close friend of Jonathan for more than thirty years. We've fished just about every boat in San Diego, he is truly a remarkable fisherman. Recently, I had the opportunity to spend a day on the water with my old friend and we had a great time catching a load of quality Dorado.
He a Jill work hard and have the best travel organization in the Baja. I would highly recommend Tail Hunters to anyone who wants to catch fish, make new friends and enjoy watching the setting sun from his outstanding restaurant eating vast amounts of guacamole.
Bob Horton, Chub Tackle Company Intl.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Jonathan and Jill work harder for you than anyone I've seen. Such a joy. Can't wait for the next trip. All of their captains are top notch. Not only for the very experienced but awesome for a novice as well. Great for young and old. Thanks for such a great trip!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've been fishing around the world and I find that Jonathan and Jill have the best outfitting service that I've gone to. It's so good that I've gone a second time and I plan to go back at least once a year or twice a year. They know how to cater to each person's needs and have a personal touch to everything that they do. It doesn't matter if you're single or with friends or with family, they can help put together the best fishing experience you want! This last trip was one I just wanted to go fishing and relax from my stressful job so Jonathan set me up with the ride from Cabo, a hotel by the beach, and the boat captains who really know their stuff about fishing with some pretty serious about "fishing" which is a great thing.

Lastly, some people might have some qualms about going to Mexico such as not able to speak the language or that La Paz is a party town. Nope. You should have no issues with such things. With La Paz being more of a family-oriented tourist site, I've seen more Mexican families go to La Paz to avoid the usual party towns. I speak pretty good Spanish but I've many other Americans go down with just a few words and still have a blast.

Look up Tailhunter! It's great!