“Awesome Fishing Experience”

Tailhunter International Sportfishing
Ranked #5 of 76 Tours in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1996 by Baja Sur Fishing Expert Jonathan Roldan who still personally oversees all operations with his wife/fishing buddy Jilly. Tailhunter International Sportfishing is a full service outfitter offer excursions year round on the Sea of Cortez where the diversity of species is epic. Specializing in the calm and pristine waters of La Paz's two Island treasures of Isla Espiritu Santu and Isla Cerralvo, Tailhunter offers world famous full service and customized fishing, spearfishing and diving packages which include lodging at the finest local beach resorts and transportation to/from either La Paz or Los Cabos international airports. Tailhunter has adventures in and on the water for all ages with our headquarters on the Bay of La Paz under the big Palapa!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my wife and I's first trip to Mexico. We ran into Jonathan and Jill at a trade show in Washington and I was already impressed with their service. They truly care about your experience and are very accommodating. I told him it looked too good to be true...but it wasn't! My wife and I had an excellent time and we will definitely be returning. The guides we fished with were amazing and they know how to find the fish. No long boring boat rides and hours waiting for bites. Customer service and fishing is second to none.

All reviews
"first class operation"
in 12 reviews
"work hard"
in 15 reviews
"different species of fish"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was my 4th trip with Jonathon and Jill in 3 years,,, the service outstanding,, the fishing was great, the food at tailhunters,, what can i say,,,you guys rock... we will be back in september for another week of fun and excitement,,,,,i have fished with outfitters around the world,,, Jonathon and Jill run a first class operation, and will take care of all of your needs while making you part of the tailhunter family,,,see ya in a few weeks... Michael Whitlow Kennewick Washington

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Jonathan and Jill,
I have managed Customer Service organizations for multimillion dollar companies with global support and customer service is something that I’m always sensitive to. You have done a great job of hiring the right people and it makes all the difference. Our Captains, Jorge, Poncho and Loreto were awesome and I think they were having as much fun as we were hunting for the roosters. It’s also the little things like Beni being at the boat when you arrive at the beach to get your gear, pack the van, have the A/C on and tell you to go grab a beer while he packs everything up. This guy does it all!
Oh, by the way did I mention that we caught 29 roosters last week in the 40- 60 lb class and our buddy Ron caught a potential World record of 120+lbs! Of course there were also Pargo and Amberjack caught for packing home and plenty of fish taco dinners. These captains know their stuff and have the experience to get you on the fish.
Jonathan and Jill have done a great job hiring a staff that embodies the values and customer service that both of them have demonstrated for years and keep the "Pez Gringos" coming back. Take care and we love you guys!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Fished with Jonathan and Jill several times over the past few years and never felt like I
was getting the Baja boat ride. The skippers were always trying to put us on fish.The tailhunter
operation is personal, and there were no setbacks thanks to the commitment of all involved in
the daily operations of Tailhunter. I have fished all over Baja for the last 40 years and this is one
of the best run operations I have experienced. GO HAVE A GOOD TIME>. Bernie

See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Jonathan and Jill really have it down. They give a new meaning to customer service. We fished three days with Tailhunter, and each day, they greeted us with a smile, and sent us off with their local captians. Upon returning, they were right there to make sure everything went well, ALL this while still managing to run the restaurant and cantina, Its obvious they go the extra mile to earn their customers business, and genuinely care about their customers and the people they work with. Even though we ran into a full moon, and unseasonable cool water, we still had a great time, managed to catch fish, and really enjoyed our stay in La Paz. I know we'll be back to really experience the kind of fishing that Tailhunter trips are famous for.