“Tailhunter International Sportfishing - The Best”

Tailhunter International Sportfishing
Ranked #5 of 72 Tours in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1996 by Baja Sur Fishing Expert Jonathan Roldan who still personally oversees all operations with his wife/fishing buddy Jilly. Tailhunter International Sportfishing is a full service outfitter offer excursions year round on the Sea of Cortez where the diversity of species is epic. Specializing in the calm and pristine waters of La Paz's two Island treasures of Isla Espiritu Santu and Isla Cerralvo, Tailhunter offers world famous full service and customized fishing, spearfishing and diving packages which include lodging at the finest local beach resorts and transportation to/from either La Paz or Los Cabos international airports. Tailhunter has adventures in and on the water for all ages with our headquarters on the Bay of La Paz under the big Palapa!
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I am a repeat customer for good reason! I have fished both Cabo and Mazatlan before finding Jonathan's Operation in La Paz, and I must say I will never fish anywhere else again. It doesn't matter which boat or which Captain he sets you up with they are all very knowledgeable, professional, and hard working to get you the most out of your fishing experience. I am a very hard working fella when it comes to fishing on Mother Ocean and ask for two things, a Captain that works as hard as I do............and to have FUN while doing so. My expectations have always been met or exceeded on every trip no matter what multiple species we were catching. I was amazed with the fact that even though Jonathan was not in La Paz at the time of this years trip he kept in touch with his folks that make everything happen, from the meals for the day, the chauffer for our trip, to the Captain of the boat I was on, and he was making sure that everything was Primo for my trips (which they were). Jonathan is a true professional and an exceptional host. (Lets not forget his lovely wife Jill who keeps him in line and on course, she is the best also). Another great thing about Jonathan is his numerous connections for other activities while on vacation in La Paz. My fiancée had never seen a whale up close before and when Jonathan suggested whale watching (and later touching !) we jumped on it. Well it was a 5 star day, and again Jonathan was on the phone making sure everything was 100%. We touched whales, played with them with our boats, and had a seafood lunch fit for royalty (seafood with a lobster tail). An amazing vacation does not aptly describe it - Thank You Jonathan & Jill - We will be back and bringing friends. Art Flippin

All reviews
"go fishing"
in 16 reviews
"jack crevalle"
in 8 reviews
"already planning our next trip"
in 5 reviews
"love fishing"
in 5 reviews
"hotel lobby"
in 8 reviews
"first class operation"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The skippers that Jonathan has on his fleets are all very knowledgeable of the waters that they fish to get you exactly what you to catch. The skippers are very friendly and work very hard to make sure you have a great fishing experience.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

It is hard to believe that one business could get so many excellent reviews. I just returned from La Paz and have to add one more. Jonathan and Jill are great hosts and do everything they can to make your trip a success. Fishing was great, Captains friendly and knowledgeable, they work hard to get you into fish. Plan to return and would recommend Tailhunter to anyone.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

If you wanna have an out of this world fishing trip, I highly recommend visiting Jonathan and Jill with Tailhunter and book that fishing trip while visiting La Paz.... if you don't fish with Tailhunter, you are truly missing out!

2  Thank LaPaz-MaiTai-Queen