“Great fishing, excellent service.”

Tailhunter International Sportfishing
Ranked #1 of 60 Tours in La Paz
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1996 by Baja Sur Fishing Expert Jonathan Roldan who still personally oversees all operations with his wife/fishing buddy Jilly. Tailhunter International Sportfishing is a full service outfitter offer excursions year round on the Sea of Cortez where the diversity of species is epic. Specializing in the calm and pristine waters of La Paz's two Island treasures of Isla Espiritu Santu and Isla Cerralvo, Tailhunter offers world famous full service and customized fishing, spearfishing and diving packages which include lodging at the finest local beach resorts and transportation to/from either La Paz or Los Cabos international airports. Tailhunter has adventures in and on the water for all ages with our headquarters on the Bay of La Paz under the big Palapa!
Vancouver, WA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great fishing, excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I and my cousin spent a week in La Paz soaking up the sun and fishing with Tailhunter. Jonathan's attention to detail, his staff and equipment made it a trip to remember and one that we hope to repeat on an annual basis.

• Korean first
Kennewick, Washington, United States
“Another Great year of fishing with Tailhunter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Thanks Jon for our 3rd great year of fishing with you in La Paz.
Even with Jill gone this year you were still there to meet us in the morning to go out fishing and gave us the same great service you and Jill have in the past. Mary and I (and friends) look forward to our next trip year after year.

Pendleton, Oregon
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Best Trustworthy Fishing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We would never go to Baja to fish without going through Jonathan and Jill at Tailhunter International! Their concierge service is stellar. All you have to do is contact them with your dates and wishes, and the rest is done. His staff, drivers and captains are the same year after year, so you know he treats them well, AND that they work hard to impress him and his clients (that's YOU!). No bad captains, no bad surprises. (Well, unless the airline cancels your flight going home...darn. Make us stay 2 more days.) My husband always fishes all but one day of our trip, I fish one day on the La Paz side and one day on the Las Arenas side, then enjoy the hotel (only the La Concha, as it's right on the beach), spa, and shopping in town. The scenery and water is different on the two sides, and both are spectacular. We've started having Jonathan vacuum pack our fish; it's nice to get home and not have any more work to do than putting it all in the freezer and eating it! It stays very fresh for at least a year.
This is a trip we plan to make for years to come! We've started bringing family and friends along, and they love it as much as we do. The safety in La Paz is not an issue for a smart traveler. ADD-ONS...we've had Jonathan arrange tours for us. Jorge has taken us to El Triunfo (a small town that used to be BIG for silver mining), the Cactus Sanctuary, Todo Santos, and Cabo San Lucas. His English is good, and he knows the best places along the way to eat and to see. These tours are totally worth the day, and allow the visitor to absorb more of the local culture and vistas.
Tailhunter International is the only way to go for a fabulous, virtually 100% guaranteed trip to La Paz!

1 Thank FlowersNQuilts
Carson
“Trip of a lifetime... year after year! =)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been going to La Paz for the past 15 years now and Jonathan and Jilly of Tailhunter International is the only outfitter for me! The operation has grown tremendously over the years. I have never had a bad day on the water and normally I fish 4 or 5 days before my arms are so sore that I want to cry for someone to hug me. Depending on the time of year, every major pelagic fish i.e. Tuna, Yellowtail, Dorado, Pargo is there for the taking. Incorporating the opportunity to now have you catch packaged and vacuum sealed means the world to me. I’m proud to say I’m a long time customer and they are practically a major part of my extended family.

Folsom, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing to worry about”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Booking a fishing trip with Tailhunter is a 100% win, no detail is left to chance. From the time you arrive at La Paz airport Jonathan has all of the package well in hand, from pick up at the airport, getting fishing permits, lodging, time and booking the pangs, with ice (very important) drinks, breakfast & lunches there is nothing to worry about, just leave it up to Tailhunter sportsfishing to make your fishing trip a lifetime memory. My wife and I have been here six years in a row and have had 6 lifetime fishing trips. We talk about our good times all of the time.