“Best Steak Tacos in La Paz”
Review of Rancho Viejo

Rancho Viejo
Ranked #20 of 303 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There are a couple of these, but this one is only open at night - fancier than the malecon partner that serves tacos. Very nice place
Forest Park, Illinois
“Best Steak Tacos in La Paz”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place is simply delicious. The archerera and carne asada tacos are what brought us in, but the al pastor and chorizo tacos are great too. Fish tacos at this place aren't so great, but the freshly cooked meats are just great.
The table gets a variety of salsa and condiments to dress the tacos. Beer is cheap, get Hornitos margaritas and 6 people can eat well for like $50.

Visited July 2013

La Paz, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best arrachera tacos”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A very nice place I must say, with a small view to the beach.
I'm very satisfied with the food. Especially the tacos de arrachera are exquisite.
The service is very good and quick. I definitely recommend this place to try Mexican food and other things.

• Visited July 2012
Lyons, Colorado
“Good food, great value”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been a regular at the Rancho Viejo for several years. I believe its the best value in town. The fair is Mexican. The grilled pork and beef is typically purchased by the kilo and it makes great burritos. The condiment selection is broad, however, a fragile stomach on my part limits my selection. If you want an inexpensive meal with lots of food, Rancho Viejo should be visited. The ambience is a tad lacking, but the food more than makes up for it.

• Visited June 2013
Tabernash, Colorado
“Arrancerra Ole!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best casual dining we partook in La Paz. We had lunch street side to watch the action passing by. When I say street side I mean we were seated at tables on the sidewalk of the street. The smells from the Cucina were abundant. The service was was casual but on par. We had beef and fish taco's. The food was amazing as we're the sides and salsa tray. I can't say enough about how friendly the service was as well as the well stocked tequila for our margaritas. Enjoy this spot while spending time in La Paz. Our lunch for 4 was less than $60 usd. A great value for the stellar food and service.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dmingo
Los Angeles, California
“not an understatement, the arrachera melts in your mouth!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I went here to get an order of arrachera to go. It was PHENOMENAL! For 230 pesos (about $18.70 U.S) I got a kilo of arrachera, the tenderest grilled steak I have ever had, perfectly seasoned, tortillas, sauteed and pickled onions grilled peppers, cucumbers, chopped cabbage, limes, and three kinds of salsa (pico de gallo, avocado and spicy hot) generously serves four. I understand they now have four locations (I went to the original on Marquez De Leon, two blocks from the Marina de Cortez) . They have full service in the restaurant and a full bar. We will definitely go back and try the other dishes. They serve breakfast too, between 7 pm-1 pm, including a ham/sausage/or bacon and eggs, juice and coffee breakfast special for 55 pesos, less than half what you pay for at one of the restaurants on the Malecon, and a lobster burrito for 140 pesos. . There is a sign next to the service counter that says they were awarded the Guinness record for the largest burrito ever, over 6,700 pounds. If it was arrachera I would say that there must have been a lot of really happy diners that day.

• Visited April 2013