“Name is La Fonda, not La Fanda”
Review of La Fonda

La Fonda
Ranked #79 of 321 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Best meal we had in our two weeks in the Baja. Authentic Traditional Mexican meals.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

La Fonda de los Briseno is a charming and terrific restaurant with amazing authentic mexican food. It is clearly a choice of the locals, as most of the patrons are native to La Paz. I eat lunch here with my wife at least twice during every visit to La Paz. I love the mexican plate (chili relleno, cheese enchalada, quesadilla,bean tostada) or just the chili rellenos, with the amazing flour tortillas. The chips are made to order and the guacamole is terrific. I also enjoy their margaritas. My wife gets the (fish dish) pescado veracruzana and she claims 'it is to die for'- with amazing sauce.

I don't mind if this restaurant is kept under the wrong name on TripAdvisor, as I really enjoy it being a unique, off the beaten path restaurant filled with locals. This is perhaps my favorite getaway into the La Paz town mix, as the prices are very reasonable and the area is not crowded.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I believe the name is spelled wrong. It's La Fonda on Revolcion on an opposite corner to Il Rustico. The prices are good and the food was good. They didn't have an extensive menu. Everyone was friendly.

1  Thank ezkayaker
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My baby ate alot of food from here in my stomach. You want a real treat This place will accomodate any breakfast I have added Hotcakes to My huevo rancheros. It also is really authentic. If you like chocolate and a tiny bit of spice The chicken here is fabulous. Order the "Pollo con MOLE" my favorite dish, they also have really good "Chilaquilles" if you feel like nachos for breakfast. I have seen many Gringos come in here be prepared its authentic and amazing. for $5 you get a full breakfast deal. Their staff are great they have no problem with bad or no spanish just point. They also have Jamica and Horchata my two favorite traditional drinks. Year after Year it does not change its quality. The owner is aften found inside at cash His family at the patio kitchen. Many tables outside. Do not bring your dog to this place is inexpensive delicious and polite to all patrons.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We enjoyed our evening on the patio with the house cat, having good traditional food in a very informal setting.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Economically priced, well-prepared authentic Mexican cuisine, excellent wait staff, comfortable outside dining area, very centrally located.

1  Thank oregon52