“Kayak Fun”
Review of Sea & Adventures

Sea & Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mar Y Aventuras is Spanish for Sea and Adventures. We offer day and multi-day sea kayaking and whale watching expeditions from La Paz and Loreto, Baja California, Mexico focusing on natural and cultural history, wildlife encounters and delicious regional food operated with the utmost respect for the local culture, flora and fauna. Sea & Adventures, Inc. and Mar Y Aventuras, S.A. de C.V. are sister companies operating jointly to provide you with the best service possible.
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We rented kayaks and a bit of other equipment for a 10 day trip we did on our own. In the planning stages Benjamin was very helpful and responsive to emails. The rest of the staff we interfaced with were friendly and helpful. The equipment was sea worthy and provided us with lots of fun on our 10 kayak adventure. All in all it was a hassle free good experience do business here.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"top notch"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I went on the combo trip (whale watching and kayaking). Fabulous.!!!! The guides were extremely knowlegeable, friendly, and accomodating. One of the members in our group had special dietary needs and they always had a great meal for him if there was something he couldn't eat. At the one camp site the sand was very fine. While we were all out whale watching, the crew would wet down the sand in the tent area to minimize the tracking of sand into the tents. It was possible to get hosed off a little with slightly chilly water. There were two girils in our group who showered twice a day, I think. I never heard the crew complain about having to keep lugging water up on the top of the shower. At the end of a great day of whale watching, or kayaking or snorkeling with sea lions, they had a nice happy hour of beer and margueritas or pina coladas with a snack Then came a fabulous dinner. The group size was 16 which was perfect. Enough to keep the conversation interesting. I forgot to mention the price. IT WAS A BARGAIN. The hotel was great with a roof top deck looking over the bay. My ony regret is that we couldn't stay an extra nite. Cause we missed an opportunity to go snorkeling with a whale shark. Guess we will have to return again.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Mar y Aventuras is excellent. This was our fourth kayak trip in the Sea of Cortez. This company was the best. Our guide Carlos is a local who shared his extensive knowledge of the marine life and land forms of the area. The company supplied a guide, a cook, two crew and two support boats for eight of us who were on the trip. We stayed at beautiful beaches, saw numerous whales, dolphins, manta rays and sea lions. The food was excellent: lots of fruit and vegetables. And there were cocktails every evening--quite the luxury on a kayak trip.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

An excellent outfitter for our self-guided adventure to Espiritu Santos. We brought most of our own camping equipment, but may have just opted for their rental program if I had known how well equipped they were. We rented a double kayak, stove, snorkel equip and portable potty. Good value, reliable quality. They provided excellent shuttle service to the island by Panga with friendly/helpful driver. Base camp manager would not allow any equipment to go out without first inspecting to make sure all working perfectly..

See more reviews
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am a single almost senior citizen from cloudy rainy Seattle who joined a group of seventeen for the last half of their combo whale watching/kayaking trip. First of all, being in the Baja sunshine with perfect temperatures was so wonderful! I was welcomed warmly by my co-travellers and the guides into the group. We took off at high speed in two boats after a very comfortable night at the Posada Luna Hotel. After about one hour and a half passing many beautiful sandy and isolated coves we finally arrived at our bay on the Island and set up camp. It was a beautiful spot with wonderful sunsets. The kayaking trips were challenging as it was windy, but as an experienced kayaker I just loved being out on the water again. We snorkled with sea lions and pretty fish and the guides Carlos and Roman were knowledgable relaxed and funny. They took great care to see that we were all safe and comfortable. The cooks did an excellent job and I was never hungry. Angel, our boat captain was calm and reassuring as we rode the high seas back to La Paz after a truly unforgetable trip. I highly recommend this company!