“gourmet chef”

Ranked #58 of 303 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Good food, good wine, good time!
La Paz, Mexico
“gourmet chef”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

unbelievably surprising combinations, delicious food and wonderful atomostphere, perfect wine and perfect esspresso

Grand Junction, Colorado
“Exceptional Menu/ great wine”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We found Trocadero by accident walking the back streets of La Paz, what
a brilliant find. Wonderful people, really cool environment, truly exceptional menu and a stunning new wine from Ensenada. If you love slightly upscale without the upmarket prices, Trocadero waits for you.

• Visited March 2011
Pto vallarta
“very nice surprise”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Very good, I will say it's the best restaurant in La Paz.

• Visited July 2011
Merced, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I had read some reviews of TrocaderO so looked for and found the restaurant for dinner.
Very sexy bistro with an appealing menu. I arrived about 20:00 on a Wednesday evening and as expected was the only guest throughout dinner. Great! I'd have the kitchen's full attention.

Given the French influence I opted for the Steak au Poivre and Frites. A glass of reasonably priced house red. When the entree arrived, it looked terrific. The potatoes were delicious but the steak was the toughest I think I've ever eaten in a restaurant. Well, I'm using "eaten" loosely since my jaw was so tired from trying to chew that I left half on the plate.

I was still the only guest so was surprised that no one stopped by to greet me through dinner. Perhaps the 2 people sitting at the bar using laptops were not the owners although they neither ordered drinks nor food. The Server was professional - neat, polite, unobtrusive.

I'm not a critical diner nor do i complain. I vote with my pocketbook and will probably not return. I understand that every restaurant has hiccups but was disappointed.

• Visited July 2011
La Paz, Mexico
“Great Food, Fabulous Presentation”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I just returned from an evening with friends at this fine dining restaurant. The food is wonderful. The steak done to perfection. My friends both raved about their meals. There is light fare as well as the more robust meal, such as the Fillet TrocaderO. It is in the higher price range of restaurants in La Paz. My only issue is the cost of the wine compared to value. I my view, there is no restaurant in La Paz that can't afford to offer a really good wine at a really good price. $150 pesos for a glass of good wine is a bit over the top. Next time I will bring my own. It will be worth the $150 corkage.

• Visited May 2011