“Building Memories”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palouse, Washington, Usa
“Building Memories”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

When our daughter and son-in-law expressed the desire to have a wedding ceremony in Mexico, we simultaneously responded with Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz...if they'd do it! Previous trips had been nearly perfect in our opinion, for us. The Hacienda ambiance, and ammenities receive FULL POINTS. What is so very hard to quantify or explain is the unprecedented attention we have received from the owners. We have never had any experience like this in well traveled lives. Arrangements went without a hitch. Four couples for a week in wonderful accomodations, private, yet together. Ceremony, photographer, caterer, music from the modest best that La Paz had to offer became an experience that will only become more valuable with time to all that were there. We found there was so much more to our hosts than ever imagined before...Viva!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ESMotteram
haciendaparaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Having two back to back weddings at Hacienda Paraiso was an unprecidented occassion for us and the most enjoyable as well. We knew from our first encounter with you that we would have you back as guests and friends, but to honor us with your daughters wedding was very special. We are so glad that SHE was so pleased how everything went and considers this her best overall remembrance. We enjoyed meeting your family and having the opportunity to help make this such a memorable event and look forward to seeing everybody at some future date((s). Good
health and happy lifes for all! Richard and Gloria Laura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in April 2012. We had a clean and very pleasant room in their relaxed and very well kept property. The breakfasts (as noted by others) were fantastic; up there with the best we have had at a B&B. You won't be going hungry here that is for sure. Garage for the car was a help.

Gloria and Richard were very very eager to help. We must thank them for extending our stay at short notice from 1 to 2 nights and for organizing a boat tour of Isla Espiritu Santo (they were right - you must do this trip if you are in La Paz - up to you if you jump in to swim with the sea lions - I was skeptical, but glad I did).

The eagerness to help was just a little overdone at times e.g. some arguing between the hosts about which room to put us in to when we arrived was a little embarassing, regularly reminding us to give feedback, but it certainly did not impact the stay and intentions are all good.

Enjoy your stay.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
haciendaparaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thanks a lot for your review. We are always happy to accommodate people when the need arises on short notice and is possible. We knew that the high-light of your experiences would be your trip to Espirito Santo Island(people from all over the world have come for this trip) and are glad that you enjoyed it so much. We try to offer filling breakfasts in hopes that it can take you through to dinner(less food-save a little money). We are sorry for any discomfort you might have felt during our discussion on which room might have been perfect for your needs(both Gloria and I tend to think aloud as if you are family and if we have minor disagreements, it is because we are genuinely concerned for your well-being..If that is what she and I have to "argue" about. I'm up for the fight anytime (a cause well taken). I'm happy that all worked out well.
We welcome you back and look forward to trying our best to make your trip as positive as possible, offering a five-star experience. RICHARD and GLORIA LAURA
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Great location, lovely host and hostess, the grounds were tranquil, the best breakfast at ANY B&B I've ever had. We were even barbecued our own meal after a day at sea frolicking in the water with baby seals, dolphins, and pods of whales 20 ft. from our boat. Gloria is a mama away from home when I bumped my knee...couldn't ask for a better oasis away from home!

• Stayed April 2012
haciendaparaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
We are so happy that you took some time to write your review. We enjoyed having you and your
philosophical thoughts on life were interesting. Your trip to our island sanctuary will hopefully be a memory of a lifetime. We look forward to you're coming again and Ale will prepare some more great food for you. If and when you bang your knee again. think of our TCL. Come back soon!
RICHARD and GLORIA LAURA
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2012

In May of 2012, My husband and I had our wedding ceremony in La Paz. There were a total of eight of us that stayed at the Hacienda Paraiso for six nights. We all had the most amazing, memorable time that I could have dreamed of. Every morning we woke up and had coffee and a hot breakfast by the pool, and tackled all of our adventures during the day. On the day of our ceremony, the owners of the hacienda Gloria and Richard, put together an amazing reception for us at the hacienda. We had a small Mexican guitar band, a three course meal and the beautiful, peaceful ambiance of the hacienda. I can honestly say this was probably the best vacation I have ever had. We felt completely safe and relaxed the whole time we were there. I could not have found a better location to have my wedding.

Room Tip: All rooms are gorgeous and unique
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel M
We love your review because it reflects your joy and happiness at staying with us and for honoring us by allowing us to share in your wonderful day of celebration. WE felt like family and I, Richard, was especially thrilled by your choosing me for " special duties"during the ceremony.
We hope all of you will each find the time to come back soon and enjoy the special feel of Hacienda Paraiso and La Paz. As you start out, in life we wish you only the best of everything.
LIVE, LOVE, and LEARN....my creedo...take it with you. LOVE, RICHARD and GLORIA LAURA
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This place is awesome. I spent the first 4 nights of my honeymoon here in the beginning of May and would highly recommend Hacienda Paraiso. The grounds are an oasis of palms and flowers tucked away in the middle of a nice, but dusty neighborhood. It's just like in the pictures on the website. The food is high quality with generous portions. Alejandra's sopes are the best! Furthermore, Richard and Gloria will help you organize day trips and are incredibly knowledgeable about the area. The highlight of our whole trip was our boat ride to Isla Espiritu Santo. The only downside is that the malecon is not quite walking distance. A rental car is a must in La Paz, as the beaches are also a few kilometers out of town, but well worth the drive.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms seem to offer more privacy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We were again thrilled to have such a nice young couple starting out their lives together spend those precious early few days with us. We always love to hear that word "awesome" because we feel it is a word used by young people and coming from the heart. We hope your new life together gives you everything you want and need and that we will remain part of your future. Sorry for a little dust...the wind and the beach can do that. Next time I promise little or no dust. (People generally come here to minimize allergies). Good luck and good health! Come back soon,RICHARD and GLORIA LAURA
Tenafly, New Jersey
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just returned from three days in La Paz and stayed at Hacienda Paraiso. It looks just like the lovely pictures on the website and Richard and Gloria really are hosts who obviously love the experience of running their beautiful B and B. We also experienced their "above and beyond" assistance when Richard came out into the dark, predawn morning to make sure that our taxi to the airport had arrived. They have built a memorable oasis in La Paz!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your wonderfull review. Gloria and I enjoyed meeting you and your son(I alwasy feel bad that I can't say names but that is TA'S ruling)and i would look forward to having both he and his wife whom I did not meet(8.5 Mos pregnant),both infectious disease physicians(oh, how I like to talk that stuff), and of course you, return whenever time and circumstances allow.I am particularely pleased to see more East Coast folks finding their way down to La Paz and the Hacienda Paraiso. Best wishes for you all and may the new baby bring you much joy and happiness. RICHARD and GLORIA LAURA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Came in on April with my wife and felt in love with this place. ! We are from France but leave in San Francisco and it was a paradise . We even stay one more day! the room so clean, the breakfast is so good that you won't have to get a lunch later in a day! and the pool really relaxing.
Big thank to Gloria & Richard who helped us to plan our trip even better ! we will be back soon watch out!
a bientot et encore mille merci!
Aurore & mikael

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased that you persevered as we know you submitted your review at least twice if not more. I must admit it ; although I love to cook and have a personal library of 240 cook books, and I'm not making breakfasts these days, whenever we have a professional chef as our guest, and you a FRENCH PROFESSIONAL CHEF,I am a little nervous about breakfasts. I am thrilled that you have praise for our delicious and sumptuous breakfasts. After three pro- chefs , I really should relax. Alejandra does a great job and she makes the best indigenous (real Mexican) breakfasts in baja ca mx. We are soo happy that you enjoyed your stay and I know that we will see you again. Best of luck with the Bay Area restaurant and the remodeling efforts. Your new friends, RICHARD and GLORIA LAURA