See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2017

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in this beautiful section of La Paz. Great restaurants and markets within walking distance. The rooms were very comfortable and private with all the facilities you could want-a/c wifi cooking big fridge/freezer.
We ate our complimentary breakfast next door on the top of Las Gaviotas (same owners) with a stunning view of la Paz and the harbour.
Grfeat for couples ,friends or families

Room tip: we got the eagles nest on the top floor-a bit more expensive but worth it for view and privacy
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LasGaviotas16, Owner at Posada Colibri, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Hi James,

Thank you for sharing your great review of our place. We are very glad you enjoyed yourselves in La Paz. We love it here too! Happy travels!

Reviewed May 1, 2017

A little pricy, but other than that, utherly fantastic. Would absolutely stay there again. Good location, in the quiet end of Malecon. We had a lovely room with a big balcony and seaview. Cleaning every day, very good breakfast included at the next door hotel, served on the roof with a great seaview. Host couple just lovely and helpfull. My very best recommedations for this place.

Room tip: They have a handfull of rooms, opt for one with seaview and balcony :)
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Windy N
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I was happy in the off the site from the hotel and the owners previous home a delightful place to stay. My own private room and bath, a shared (but not busy) kitchen, and loved the small pool and privatacy of its location. An easy stroll to the malacon and close to lots of activities and resturants. Breakfast is very amble and I so enjoyed chatting with Gail Linda the owner. I would definelty return.

Room tip: Check out the house they rent rooms in next to the hotel.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank sube2016
Reviewed March 26, 2017

The owners and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Great breakfast. Quiet and convenient location in the center of La Paz. We stayed in the apartment building, a short distance from the main hotel, where guests enjoy complete privacy and a nice garden with small pool.

Room tip: Zij hebben apartementen met gedeelde keuken en een mooie tuin in een apart gebouw, minder dan 100m van het hotel.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

It is the second time for me and my boyfriend la paz because we love baha california and second time in this posada.The First time we found Mohamed the man who worked for the owners very polite and always ready to give advice;so second time we came back.
We have been so desappointed about the owners; Mohamed wasnt there went away and so they have direct contact with turists.
The owners wife and husband were so unpolite: the husband very rude we cooked something a day and before starting cooking we asked for a fire in the kitchenette he said immediatly if you Cook clean kitchen in so a rude mannner; morning i asked for hot milk there was milk on the table for breakfast but was cold he answerd no we dont have, the same for omelette "no we can t do just mexican eggs"...when we paid just at the arrival the wife had to give us little money back she totally forgot or wanted to forget and we had to tell her at check out.
What a pity this experience owners totally unpolite!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LasGaviotas16, Owner at Posada Colibri, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Hello Dear Guests,

We are truly sorry for your disappointment and that you had such a negative impression of our hotel. We actually thank you for saying these things because upon reading this we have made a conscious decision to be much more sensitive to our guests needs.

My husband should have heated milk for your coffee at breakfast, as he also appreciates that when we are served at a restaurant. We usually heat the milk in the microwave before putting it on the table but we hadn't moved the microwave oven up to our rooftop kitchen. Now it is there and it is our practice to heat the milk we put on the table for coffee.

It was totally unnecessary for my husband to make any comment to you about cleaning up in the kitchen, as I had mentioned that to you when I showed you the house at check-in, before you told me that you had been at our place before.

Also, he should have let one of our kitchen helpers make eggs as you wanted them even if we were busy.

I apologize for forgetting to give you your change of $100 pesos. My excuse is that I was busy with many things and it slipped my mind, but it wasn't intentional. I was glad that you remembered. I swear I would never try to keep it dishonestly.

There is nothing we can do to change your experience at this time, but we do apologize. There is nothing that gives us more pleasure in our work than to see our guests enjoying themselves here in La Paz. On that note failed in your case.

We wish you well, Linda and Gonzalo, Owners