“Pretty place and attentive service”
Review of Azul Marino

Azul Marino
Ranked #9 of 321 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The food, however, is not fabulous. It's okay -just not inspired. The raw tuna appetizer cerviche was very good, the salads fine, but the mains fell short. The blue cheese mashed potatoes had no hint of blue cheese and the brandy flamed prawns no hint of either brandy or flame. My compananions' pasta was drowning in too much sauce. Overall, a nice spot, but don't expect gourmet

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The food is absolutely outstanding, the portions are generous and the prices quite reasonable. We went 2 nights in a row and loved everything we ordered. The bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, scallop carpaccio and tuna tartare are taste sensations! The service is friendly and the staff work as a team. Three appetizers, three entrees and a bottle of wine was a little over $100USD. Don't think because it's at the Costa Baja Resort that it's expensive. LOVE this restaurant!

2  Thank Hugh and Barb T
Reviewed March 27, 2014

With most restaurants being so slow on service and quality sketchy, we could rely on this place to feed our family fairly quickly. Outdoor dining at the Costa Baja Resort marina. Wait staff very nice. Clean. Good food. Bathrooms very clean.

2  Thank Twosaint
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I were being taken out by my parents for our 16th wedding anniversary and dined here. Everything was outstanding. My favourite was the fish tartar, but really the quality of meals produced here is very high.

I will also agree with one of the previous reviewers about the attentiveness, expertise, professionalism level the serving staff not being near the quality of the food that comes out. But I am sure this will improve over time.

1  Thank Bernerboy
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was an amazing dining experience. We had a party of 13, walked up to this very busy place, and they very quickly put together something for us. The setting was nice, in the marina, and the seating was mostly outdoors. We had ceviche, the fish and the shrimp, and I can honestly say they were both fabulous. I cannot pick a favorite. I will say that both dishes were substantial, for ceviche, and very fresh tasting. Both dishes were loaded with fish and with assorted veggies. Even the kids had some! We also had some excellent salad. The Caprese was very good, layered, and much more than the usual Caprese offering, with a Mexican flair! The Roquefort salad was also very good. The kids had pizzas and pesto pastas, and those were also judged an excellent choice. The lamb burrito (not the giant kind like we Americans are used to, more like a rolled up taco) was also really good. The service was excellent. We were a large party and our food came very quickly. Lastly, the drinks were fabulous, great margaritas, and my husband got a Mai tai, which turned out to be unusual but great. A. Must dine while you are in la paz. We loved it!

1  Thank Angewaa