“Excellent location and very clean”

Posada de las Flores La Paz
Ranked #8 of 26 La Paz B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Its a very small B&B,its across the street from the malecon, you can walk everywhere. They serve breakfast every day, fruit, juice, eggs, coffee, its ok, the good thing is that they can serve it earlier if you have a diving trip or tour.
The room has AC, ceiling fan and it is very clean.
The Posada has a small pool that need work some of the tiles are missing, so it makes it look dirty.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Posada de las Flores La Paz

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Posada de las Flores is a well-located, tastefully decorated bed and breakfast in La Paz. It really is pretty, but I would have to agree with Latitude Dancer's observations. The owners are letting this beautiful place slide into disarray. The suite we stayed in could use some TLC! It certainly looks better at night. Unfortunately, I was influenced in advance by the tripadvisor room tips, so I was insistent upon having the suite with the "private" patio and bathtub. What a mistake! The patio was not private...a family lives on the other side of a see-through partition. I didn't realize this until I had been reading in my bikini. Yikes! I went inside to cool off in the inviting bath tub, only to discover that the tub is unusable. When I asked about it at the reception desk, the young man told me that there is a water shortage in La Paz so they don't allow guests to use the tub. I asked to change rooms, but he refused. Okay. I decided to cool off down by the pool, but the pool area is tiny, the tiles are falling off the pool, and it is over-chlorinated. The location is stellar--right on the Malecon, and the breakfast is nice, but for the price I would chose another place next time.

1  Thank FancyCoco
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The location was fantastic, walkable, across the street to the promenade. The upper deck was great for sunsets and watching people. The room was awesome, nicely decorated, the robe in the bathroom a nice touch. There was a frame on the dresser that had a welcome message, another nice touch. At the pool we had margaritas in nice glasses ( we made our own, they were nice enough to supply the ice. When we went fishing they let us use their freezer to freeze our fish we wanted to take home. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. Breakfast was tasty and one morning they had a small one ready for our early excursion at 6 am. Very friendly and helped us out with reservations and recommendations. Already recommended this place to family and friends and would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank imthimy1
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We found this hotel on the internet and spent four lovely nights here. The hotel was easy to find, it is on the main road along the bayfront. There was ample parking in front of the hotel. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was spacious and very comfortable, it had air conditioning and two ceiling fans. The bath and tub were tiled. Rate included a full breakfast, with egg selections from the menu, plus juice, coffee, breads, fruit and yogurt. We enjoyed our own happy hour each evening on the veranda overlooking the bay at sunset. We had a early departure to catch our flight and the staff gave us an early breakfast. Several good restaurants within walking distance. Great for couples, Very highly recommended.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The best location in Lapaz for a hotel, You can walk everywhere from your front door or you can sit upstairs under the palapa and watch the most gorgeous sunsets. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Every morning we enjoyed an incredible breakfast with a stunning view of the ocean. As a happy repeat customer, once again I will be back!!

1  Thank mexicobound09
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Toward the end of the malecon sits this small boutique hotel. I drove by it once and nearly twice as the sign small sign is covered by the branches of blooming plants. It is easiest to search for a red/brown colored building just past the main eating/drinking section of the boulevard. The hotel clerk was very friendly and helpful and offered good suggestions for dinner and drinks. His English was flawless and so speaking Spanish is unnecessary. There is free wi fi throughout the hotel, including the rooftop patio with unobstructed views of the Sea of Cortez. The room was quaint and quite nice. I thought the bed and beddings were very comfortable. The flat-screen tv offered plenty of viewing options. There is a small safe in the room. The bathroom was too small and there was inadequate shelf space for toiletries, etc. Otherwise, the towels and robe were fine. The lighting in the room could have been better, but it was likely kept dim to hid the peeling paint and worn furniture. The same can be said for the bathroom. I was tempted to rate the property with three stars as a sort of encouragement for ownership to invest in maintenance and upkeep. I thought the whole place, most importantly the room, but including the courtyard, could use a bit of sprucing and maybe some fresh paint. It is important to note that there is no parking lot on the premises. You are mandated to on-street first come first serve parking. We got lucky and found a spot in front, but I could easily foresee problems on weekend or top season. In driving around La Paz I did not see a lot of places that looked like better options and when I find myself in the city on future occasions, I would probably book this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs with a balcony for good views of the water and afternoon sunshine
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A beautiful little hotel in great location for seeing all the sights in La Paz. The room was fine although the lighting was just a little bit gloomy and reading in bed was a struggle. However the bed was so comfortable that I was asleep straight away anyway! The rooftop breakfast room and sitting area are beautiful and breakfast itself is delicious. Lovely staff (inc house cat, Leno) made us feel so welcome. They really helped us plan and organise our activities. The road outside can be a little noisy and I might not want to stay there on a public festival day but it was not a huge problem. Great place to use as base for exploring the islands etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple