“This is our favorite place in La Paz”

Tailhunter Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 323 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located on the Bay of La Paz's historic waterfront Malecón, on the Sea of Cortez, you will find three stories of amazing beach casual dining and fun. Headquarters of the renowned Tailhunter Sportfishing Fleets, the Roldan Family's uniquely diverse menu specializes in the freshest seafood and local specialties with their very own Island flair. Top rated since opening in the spring of 2009 for numerous years, we are famous for preparing our fishermen's fresh caught fish with an entire specialty menu dedicated to this rare treat. Featuring great music, fishing and surfing videos, sporting events, ice cold cocktails and front row seats to the best sunsets in The Baja.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is quite possibly our favorite place in all of Los Cabos. Everything we ordered here was fantastic.

The portions are huge and the prices are very reasonable.

Try the Campechana!!! (drools)

One thing of note. Before we came to this restaurant my wife disliked ceviche. Now she cant get enough. Well the whole region in her opinion just has great ceviche but this place was her gateway into the love of the dish.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Even though the dorado was not in season, we went back several times for the camarones en brochette and the camarones el goberaderno. Great location to relax with a tasty beverage and enjoy the sunset. Service was always exceptional.

1  Thank Mbart13
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a great dinner here and enjoyed the nice views of the ocean and boardwalk. I have a food allergy and Jonathan assured me everything was made from scratch and I wouldn't get sick...he was right and it was delicious!!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Good restaurant overall on the Malecon. Easy to find, unlike many restaurants in La Paz. We started out with chips and tres salsa. I was thinking it would be three varieties of salsa, but it was just one wooden bowl with a dark colored salsa. It is not the variety with fresh chopped up tomatoes and cilantro and onions that I am accustomed to. Overall that was good. My husband ordered a cheeseburger and fries. It was cooked as ordered. He said it was good. The fries were nice and crispy. I ordered the grilled fish tacos. The fish tasted fresh and was nicely grilled. The beer selection includes Modelo dark on tap, which I am partial to. Service was friendly. Pricing was fine, not more or less than what I would expect. The table next to us had buffalo wings and nachos which looked very good. Maybe next time I would try those instead. I could not quite rate the meal as very good; it almost made it to that level. Looks like from most reviewers, ordering a fish entree vs fish tacos is the way to go. The stairs to this three level place like they could be tricky if you have had a few cervezas or don't like a narrow spiral staircase. When we went, the tvs were turned loudly to a boxing match. It has very good to excellent atmosphere if you like sports. It can get windy and cool at night, so dress appropriately. The staff waiting outdoors to great you are ALWAYS very friendly.

1  Thank Jill O
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We took our own fish ... they grilled it and served with sides for $450 pesos. Service was not bad, but definitely not friendly as we had experienced everywhere else in La Paz. NOTE: Good music on Friday nights.

1  Thank LLL-Bend