“You can't go wrong with Tailhunter”

Tailhunter Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 349 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located on the Bay of La Paz's historic waterfront Malecón, on the Sea of Cortez, you will find three stories of amazing beach casual dining and fun. Headquarters of the renowned Tailhunter Sportfishing Fleets, the Roldan Family's uniquely diverse menu specializes in the freshest seafood and local specialties with their very own Island flair. Top rated since opening in the spring of 2009 for numerous years, we are famous for preparing our fishermen's fresh caught fish with an entire specialty menu dedicated to this rare treat. Featuring great music, fishing and surfing videos, sporting events, ice cold cocktails and front row seats to the best sunsets in The Baja.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

You can't go wrong with deliciously savory fresh food and good company. All of the seafood is fresh and delicious. My eyes are often bigger than my stomach. Everything on the menu was so enticing that I couldn't decide on what to eat. In the end I pulled the wife card and I didn't let my husband pick anything and I ordered 4 dishes...haha! Jonathan and Jill are great fun and so accommodating. My experience eating here was warm and comfortable and so much fun. The sunset view from the balcony was TO DIE FOR. If you are looking for a place to eat some great food, meet some good friends, and make memories... Tailhunter Restaurant is definitely the place to go.

Jonathan R, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Nina!

Wow...what a great review, amiga! I also read your great review on our Tailhunter Fishing Fleet Trip Advisor page as well. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Very special and we appreciate it more than you know. Please come see us again soon with Jonathan. We will start growing the fish big again for your next visit!

Muchas gracias for everything!
Jonathan and Jilly

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had a great time. Jon knows how to have a good time and he makes sure you will also. Loved the live music!

Jim:

Thanks for the good review, amigo! Come see us again soon with Don and the rest of the guys!

Stay well and best fishes always!
Jonathan

Reviewed October 13, 2013

What better way to truly enjoy your fishing adventure with Jonathon and the Tailhunter gang than to catch Dorado during the day and have it served to you that same evening at the restaurant. They also did an amazing job on some calamari ceviche from one days calamari catch...really spectacular.
This year Jilly even upgraded their red wine stock to include a couple of nice Chilean reds. An email ahead of arrival to Jonathon and he even chills the wine for us.
All in all, an excellent end of day destination while in La Paz...

John M Kennedy

John!

We really enjoyed your visit, my friend! And yes...glad we had some red wine that you liked for dinner every night. Jill is getting some new reds in so you can sample them next time your visit. Thanks again for everything and especially for taking the time for the great review. Stay well, amigo!

God bless and best fishes!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just back from a great trip to La Paz and this spot was a big part of the fun. Great view, food , and service. This felt like our livingroom with service and tequila. Looking forward to returning our next trip.

Joe!

Great to have you visit us, amigo. We'll wait for your next trip down to see us with John. Thanks for the super review. Stay well and we'll see you soon!

Best fishes!
Jonathan and Jill

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my second visit to La Paz and it's rapidly becoming my favorite travel destination. A big part of that is due to my experience with the folks at Tailhunter. For me, going to Tailhunter Restaurant/Fubar Cantina is like going to my favorite cousins' house for a cookout. Jonathan, Jill and all of the staff are warm, friendly people, that welcome you to their place like member of the family. The restaurant caters to locals and travellers alike. The tri level set up has a light,airy,tropical feel and the menu is simple but offers something for everyone. Jonathan brings his Hawaiian roots to Baha Sur and the result is amazing. There are also pure Baha items as well as American dishes to choose from and I have yet to find anything that disappoints. The evening entertainment varies from sports on well located flat screens, to live music(you may even see Jon set in with the band) to great music piped in through a really good sound system.I learned the true meaning of the word "Tranquilo" and could go on for awhile about the vitures of my whole Tailhunter experience, but it makes me long even more for the time when I can again feel the warm La Paz sunshine on my face and sit down to great times with my favorite Primos.

Ken Campbell
Huntington Beach, California

Ken:

Amigo...what a super review. Just read your other review on our Tailhunter Fishing Fleet as well. Wow...speechless. Thank you for taking the time to put this all in words, my friend. Jill and I are going to save this one. We'll see you again soon. Stay well until then and God bless always!