“From sea to dinner plate.”

Tailhunter Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 327 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located on the Bay of La Paz's historic waterfront Malecón, on the Sea of Cortez, you will find three stories of amazing beach casual dining and fun. Headquarters of the renowned Tailhunter Sportfishing Fleets, the Roldan Family's uniquely diverse menu specializes in the freshest seafood and local specialties with their very own Island flair. Top rated since opening in the spring of 2009 for numerous years, we are famous for preparing our fishermen's fresh caught fish with an entire specialty menu dedicated to this rare treat. Featuring great music, fishing and surfing videos, sporting events, ice cold cocktails and front row seats to the best sunsets in The Baja.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

What better way to truly enjoy your fishing adventure with Jonathon and the Tailhunter gang than to catch Dorado during the day and have it served to you that same evening at the restaurant. They also did an amazing job on some calamari ceviche from one days calamari catch...really spectacular.
This year Jilly even upgraded their red wine stock to include a couple of nice Chilean reds. An email ahead of arrival to Jonathon and he even chills the wine for us.
All in all, an excellent end of day destination while in La Paz...

John M Kennedy

Jonathan R, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

John!

We really enjoyed your visit, my friend! And yes...glad we had some red wine that you liked for dinner every night. Jill is getting some new reds in so you can sample them next time your visit. Thanks again for everything and especially for taking the time for the great review. Stay well, amigo!

God bless and best fishes!
Jonathan and Jilly

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just back from a great trip to La Paz and this spot was a big part of the fun. Great view, food , and service. This felt like our livingroom with service and tequila. Looking forward to returning our next trip.

Joe!

Great to have you visit us, amigo. We'll wait for your next trip down to see us with John. Thanks for the super review. Stay well and we'll see you soon!

Best fishes!
Jonathan and Jill

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my second visit to La Paz and it's rapidly becoming my favorite travel destination. A big part of that is due to my experience with the folks at Tailhunter. For me, going to Tailhunter Restaurant/Fubar Cantina is like going to my favorite cousins' house for a cookout. Jonathan, Jill and all of the staff are warm, friendly people, that welcome you to their place like member of the family. The restaurant caters to locals and travellers alike. The tri level set up has a light,airy,tropical feel and the menu is simple but offers something for everyone. Jonathan brings his Hawaiian roots to Baha Sur and the result is amazing. There are also pure Baha items as well as American dishes to choose from and I have yet to find anything that disappoints. The evening entertainment varies from sports on well located flat screens, to live music(you may even see Jon set in with the band) to great music piped in through a really good sound system.I learned the true meaning of the word "Tranquilo" and could go on for awhile about the vitures of my whole Tailhunter experience, but it makes me long even more for the time when I can again feel the warm La Paz sunshine on my face and sit down to great times with my favorite Primos.

Ken Campbell
Huntington Beach, California

Ken:

Amigo...what a super review. Just read your other review on our Tailhunter Fishing Fleet as well. Wow...speechless. Thank you for taking the time to put this all in words, my friend. Jill and I are going to save this one. We'll see you again soon. Stay well until then and God bless always!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went fishing with Tailhunters and caught mucho dorados.. Took our catch to Tailhunters Restaurant and had our catch cooked 3 ways. All cooked to perfection... The atmosphere was kick back and relaxing... Where else can you have your catch cooked to order, have a few brews and watch either the baseball play off or NFL game all at the same time.. We always make it a point to go every year... Great Job Jonathan!!!

1  Thank DavidWak

Dave:

It's always great to have you and the guys visit. I have great images of you guys after a day of fishing just kicking back with beers, cooked fish and watching sports. Thanks for putting everyone together and visiting us every year. We'll start growing the fish bigger for next year and hopefully the tuna will show up as well. Thanks again and much aloha!

Jonathan and Jill

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My compadres & I were here 3 different times during 1st week of October. Our fresh caught dorado & calamari was prepared for us using Tailhunter's special marinade which turned out to be so delish. The large calamari was fried and very tender. I've eated here before having the arrachera steak which is so unique & good. Two days later we watched a couple of NFL games here having beer & appetizers (xlt fubar fries). This is a great place for all sporting events so you can catch em all right here. For our last night in La Paz we had more of our dorado sent to
Tailhunter that was prepared 3 different ways. Jonathon's homemade teriyaki dorado was just plain great. I've been to La Paz 6 times in the last 5 years & The Tailhunter Fubar is my favorite place cause they have it all; great american & mexican food/seafood, live music, full bar, xlt service & hosts.

Don:

It's a kick having you and the guys down to visit us! This past visit was especially a hoot. Glad you had good fishing and enjoyed the food. It's always a treat cooking up your fish for you and happy you enjoyed the fresh calamari. Thanks for the great write-up and also for putting all the guys together to come down. We'll look forward to having you down again soon . Stay well and best fishes, amigo!