“Awesome Owners!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tailhunter Restaurant

Tailhunter Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 290 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Located on the Bay of La Paz's historic waterfront Malecón, on the Sea of Cortez, you will find three stories of amazing beach casual dining and fun. Headquarters of the renowned Tailhunter Sportfishing Fleets, the Roldan Family's uniquely diverse menu specializes in the freshest seafood and local specialties with their very own Island flair. Top rated since opening in the spring of 2009 for numerous years, we are famous for preparing our fishermen's fresh caught fish with an entire specialty menu dedicated to this rare treat. Featuring great music, fishing and surfing videos, sporting events, ice cold cocktails and front row seats to the best sunsets in The Baja.
San Diego, California, United States
“Awesome Owners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

You won't regret your trip to Tailhunters! Excellent service and food. We brought our fresh catch to the restaurant and they prepared it for us in 3 different styles. All Delicious! It's also a perfect way to find some English speaking people to provide you with excellent advise on all of the other La Paz attractions. A must do for any one visiting.

Visited June 2013
Jonathan R, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Mike! Really nice of you to post up the kind comments here on Facebook. We really appreciate it. Come see us again soon. God bless!

Jonathan

Jupiter, Florida
“Every Year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have been to Tailhunter every year since it opened and have enjoyed each and every eating and drinking experience. The location is terrific, the staff attentive, and the food is always terrific. Myself and my friends have had several menu items as well as had our own fish prepared and all were delicious. And of course, there are Jonathan and Jilly who make every visit a memorable one. Wonderful place....wonderful people!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan R, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Bob: Thanks for taking the time to write up a review! We appreciate the kind words more than you know. We'll look forward to you coming back very soon! In the meantime, safe travels!

Oceanside, California
“View Restaurant Popular with the Fishing Crowd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Been here several times, but this time brought my own fresh-caught dorado ( or mahi-mahi, in deference to the Tailhunter's Hawaiian roots). Had it beer-battered and in the house "verde" preparation. Both were excellent. I reviewed this spot before and said the margarita served me was not up to my standards, but this time took no chances and ordered a Cadillac margarita. It was very good.

The staff is more bilingual than at most La Paz restaurants, so if you're not as comfortable ordering in mangled Spanish as I am, the Tailhunter is a good choice.

The owner also operates fishing charters and this is a great spot to find out what's biting in La Paz.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan R, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Richard!

I am cracking up reading your review with a big smile. Thanks for giving us another chance and glad the margaritas were more up-to-par! Whew! I appreciate you writing us up. Please ask for us next time! The first round of margaritas will be on me!

Wherever you go, safe travels and fair seas!
Carpinteria, California
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've enjoyed meals at the Tailhunter for several years, and most recently I went there to celebrate my birthday. Everyone had a great time with delicious food and excellent service. Jonathan and Jilly, the owners, are particularly welcoming and friendly, making sure everyone is having a great time. When I visit La Paz, the Tailhunter Restaurant is at the top of my list for a fun evening out!!

Jack!

You guys were great fun! It's always great to have you and the brothers visit us and a treat to have you over for your birthday! Come see us again soon and more than you know, we appreciate you taking the time to write us up.

Stay well, amigo! God bless and best fishes!
Lyons, Colorado
“Continues to deliver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Jonathan continues to make the Tailhunter an excellent choice for dining out in LaPAz. The menu is somewhat eclectic with Mexican and Hawaiian selections and influences. The ribs are excellent and the fish dishes quite good. I recently had the fish and chips with yellow tail and proportions and tastes were great. , However, I had a chili relleno which was good but the cheese was not melted. Another member of the party had the same problem. However, the staff was very accommodating to get it right. The location on the Malecon is super and a great place to sit and unwind. The prices are reasonable and the service good.

Jim H
Colorado

Jim:

We really appreciate the kind words and good review with apologies that the rellenos were off, but happy that our staff got it together. Next time you're in, let me make it up. Ask for me or Jill. Chili rellenos on us! Or whatever you order! We do appreciate you took the time to post up on Trip Advisor.

Hope to see you sooner than later!
God bless