“Hail the Tailhunter”

Tailhunter Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 313 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located on the Bay of La Paz's historic waterfront Malecón, on the Sea of Cortez, you will find three stories of amazing beach casual dining and fun. Headquarters of the renowned Tailhunter Sportfishing Fleets, the Roldan Family's uniquely diverse menu specializes in the freshest seafood and local specialties with their very own Island flair. Top rated since opening in the spring of 2009 for numerous years, we are famous for preparing our fishermen's fresh caught fish with an entire specialty menu dedicated to this rare treat. Featuring great music, fishing and surfing videos, sporting events, ice cold cocktails and front row seats to the best sunsets in The Baja.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a cool place to have a drink or real comfort food while looking out across the Malecon at the calm bay of La Paz. Imagine the Swiss Family Robinson tree house in Disneyland, combined with a bit of Gilligan's Island, and that's the Tailhunter.
There's a bit of a precarious spiral staircase to navigate to the second and third floors, but the view is worth the climb....and the food is down home and really really good. You can depend on the catch of the day prepared how you like it and they will even prepare your own catch! Great hamburgers, too. The second level has more of a sports bar feel...and can get pretty rowdy at times...the third level has a nice nook for live music and the view from there is fantastic.
Great fisherman hangout and very reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for Tailhunter Restaurant

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Tailhunter Restaurant has the best fish recipes in La Paz. Even those that don't like fish like the way it is cooked and presented here. The food, service and friendly hosts are excellent.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I going to start by saying that I came to La Paz having just joined "The biggest loser" contest at work the week prior, boy what a mistake!!! My wife & I came to La Paz to fish and we were lucky enough to enjoy the flavors of our catch at the Tailhunter restaurant. I was lucky enough to eat dinner there every night of our stay except for one, they were closed that day, and every night we where exposed to new tasty plates. The aromas that surround the restaurant will stimulate the taste buds within your mouth, leading you to ask for more!! I loved everything that I tried there and my wife especially loved the "Capeado tacos". This restaurant knows what customers service is all about. Everyone there is so friendly and warm that it makes it something to look forward to every night. The decor and all of the tv's playing our favorite sports make it feel like home, especially sucking down those ice cold cervezas. Jonathan & Jilly love people. They make you feel like family and are always making sure that you are enjoying yourself. Just watch out for Jonathan and his old "Pancho Villa" style double bandolier. His bandoliers are filled with a different type of ammo, shot glasses!!...ouch. Lucky for me I'm always in the mood for a good tequila shoot out! My wife and I would like to thank everyone at Tailhunter Restaurant and Fubar Cantina for their warmth.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Ever since the bad economy and the bad press on Mexico, LaPaz has made a lot of changes some good and some not so good. It is definately refreshing to see LaPaz with a restaraunt like Tailhunters! The atmoshere is Great, the staff is freindly and responsive and the food is the best in town!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I have been going to La Paz since 1998. We've seen La Paz change over the years, but Jonathan and Jill's Taillhunter Restaurant has been the best change yet! Each time we've come to La Paz we make a point to go to Tailhunter Restaurant and FUBAR Cantina at least once but usually two or three times! The overall food, atmosphere and hospitality are unparalled. The place has a nice, funky vibe, and we always are sure to go when there is live music. During our last trip there we watched the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics while listening and dancing to a great band and enjoying delicious food and drinks. I swear they make the best margaritas on the rocks that I've ever had in La Paz. Their selections of food have something for every palate. Anyway, if you find yourself in La Paz, you've got to visit their place. One suggestion is to be there at sunset. You'll have your choice of three levels to view the sun going down. Finally, bring your family and friends with you. Each time we've visited, we've had a different group and always get the same wonderful treatment. Don't miss this place!

riplipboy, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

It's always a pleasure to have you folks here! Thank you for the kind words and the fun times and the memories over the years...plus the fun dancing! We'll keep the margaritas chilly for you!

Jonathan and Jilly