“AMAZING!! <3”
Review of GranSueno

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Paz
GranSueno
Ranked #4 of 35 Specialty Lodging in La Paz
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Gran Sueño is the most beautiful place I have ever been at, it's a true dream, everything was great the service, the restaurant, the ocean, everything!
The beach is so amazing to be at and the water is so calm and you can do stand up paddle boarding and kayaking, there is also a ramp close by so you can bring your own boat.
We also took our own ATVs so we can ride them on the area, we had such an amazing time I totally recomend you to go!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Remember the Beverly Wilshire hotel manager in the movie "Pretty Woman" played by Hector Elizando? Need a dress? A lesson in which fork to use? Hector was your guy. Well, the Gran Sueno Resort has two Hectors: Mark Azoff north of the border and Christian south of the border.

Mark advised us to park on the US side of the Otay Mesa border, take an inexpensive cab to the airport in Tijuana, fly Volaris (new jets), rent a car at La Paz and even arranged our boarding passes and driving directions from the airport to the resort.

Once there, Christian took over as the man of the hour by pampering us with the best margaritas, coffees, breakfasts, dinners and private movie viewing in the luxurious home theater at Gran Sueno.

We were fortunate enough to stay at Gran Sueno owner Steve Games' private residence featuring walls of glass overlooking the impossibly turquoise waters of the Sea of Cortez, sliders that opened to a swimming pool as gorgeous as the ocean and an interior so spacious and opulent, strangers kept walking into our living room thinking it was the resort’s lobby!

A telescope by the pool, aimed at the sea, gave us courtside seats of dolphins gliding through waves and, startlingly, stingrays flying several feet above the water, dozens of them. Turns out it was mating season. I don’t know if they were mating mid-air or just celebrating Love Season but it was Animal Planet at its best!

About two kilometers from the resort is a tiny town of a handful of homes, a church and convenience store. We noticed a ponga (fishing boat) in one of the yards and asked the home owner if he would take us tourists out in the water.

One hour later we were heading to an island of sunbathing seals. On the way there, huge dolphins swam directly under us and we made our personal skipper take us to the epicenter of the mating stingrays, unbelievable.

Gran Sueno feels like a mirage. Miles of desert road, khaki sand and thousands of cacti shaped like they’re yelling “Goal!” is all you see for miles. Then there’s a small Gran Sueno sign and guard shack. The guard lifts the barricade, you traverse the dirt roads for another five minutes and then you crest a ridge and laid out before you is the Technicolor ocean, handsome buildings with palapa roofs, golf carts cruising the driveways and the swimming pools.

Simon, my long-time love, my two daughters, Lainey, 21, and Milly, 19, and I had a magical five days and four nights at Gran Sueno. I recommend bringing great books because there’s no beating lounging by the pool or ocean reading. Bring favorite DVDs as well because the home theater is right out of Beverly Hills and take at least one day/night to have fun in the city of La Paz less than one hour away. It’s a gorgeous town on crystal clear water with bars, restaurants, boutiques and beautiful Spanish colonial architecture.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura1LaMesa_Ca
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The amazingly beautiful Gran Sueno Resort is a Luxurious resort. We traveled there with our 3 teenagers from San Diego. It was a short and easy flight and a quick car ride out to the resort on the bay. We were met by the friendly staff and taken by golf cart to our room which happened to be a 5 star double master bedroom suite with own private pool and jacuzzi. Every room has amazing views of the bay. The food and service is impeccable. The hotel offers every amenity that anyone could want from a super comfy movie theater to a barbecue on the beach. We swam, jet skied, horse back rode, dove, stand up paddle boarded, went fishing and relaxed. We also saw the most beautiful sunset the five of us had ever seen our.. The owner of the resort is always around to entertain you with a story and a smile. No reason to leave this resort once you are there. Settle in and relax.

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing with every luxury you could imagine.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Ginny B
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I live in Los Cabos, which is also a wonder of nature ...

Whenever I have the opportunity and time I like going to tour the east coast of Baja California, which is actually where you will find the best beaches in the Mexico.

A few days ago decided to start a new journey through the East Coast, but wanted to know a new place so I call a friend in La Paz and he recommended me Gran Sueno, from the beginning to talk with Mark (managing director) I felt with the confidence that was the place to relax and get away from the routine of all my days.

Since I arrived, the reception was very good but the best part was when I arrived to the room it had an exceptional oceanfront view ... everything neat and in order. I loved my room ..

Gran Sueno has everything, private location, good service, good food, beautiful ocean views, a calm sea, soft white sand ... what else you can ask?

I want to say thank you to Mark, Marcela, Lulu, Christian, Pepe, Sr. Martinez for everything.

Undoubtedly the best place in the eastern coast of Baja California!

I will be back soon !!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Faviola60
Reviewed March 20, 2012

stayed at the Gran Sueno for the last 10 days in Feb. and thought that I had found heaven. We travel the world and are big fans of Silver Seas Cruising but the Gran Sueno tops all. The thought to detail is beyond description and the staff could not possibly be more accommodating, this is due to the excellent management of Mark Azoff, the property general manager.
The beach is fabulous and there is jet skiing,horseback riding, stand-up paddle boarding, fishing, tennis, wind sailing, snorkeling and much much more, there is absolutely no chance of getting board. The golf course was in very bad condition, they were just watering the tees and greens and the fairways were completely burned and I absolutely would not recommend the golf, but it was pointed out to me that the golf course is not a part of the Gran Sueno and is run by another company.
They have the most beautiful palapa at the start of the property with a movie theater on its right side. We took advantage of that and watched a number of movies and much to our surprise we were greeted by one of the staff asking if there was anything we might like to eat or drink while enjoying our movie, just fabulous.
We booked our accommodation with Mark Azoff and had the pleasure of actually meeting him while we were there and he is the perfect match to the property. I can not recommend him highly enough, he goes to extremes to see to it that every detail of your stay is exceptional, so much so that they had coffee ready for me at 6:30 every morning in our gorgeous outside kitchen area. After reading my review, so far, it sounds like I work for them, but they are just that good. I actually own two hotels, myself and can only hope that my staff reaches the level of excellence you will find at Gran Sueno. We will be making Gran Sueno an annual event for the family.
One last thing, while there we had the good fortune of meeting the owner, Steve Games, and as I mentioned above,I own and built two hotels, myself. I sat down with Steve, told him that, and started asking questions about how he got the idea and what his motivation was and all I can say is that I believe that I have had the very good fortune of having met one of the most amazing men in life. He is so down to earth and unimpressed with himself as to be amazing and he has such passion for life. It is that great passion that he has that is the engine that drives this amazing property. I know many people that have made or already have a great deal of money but I have never had the pleasure to meet someone so gifted with vision and passion as Steve and who has taken the good fortune of wealth and given back a place of so much beauty and pleasure as Steve. If you ever have the good fortune to meet him please ask him to recite a poem he wrote at age 13 and you will understand the heart of this amazing man.
We are all better off having him in our life, he has given the world one of the greatest places on earth

Room Tip: The Abuelo or the Palmilla are excellent choices but they are all good
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

During a trip to the development with another couple in 2011, we discovered the outdoor beauty of Gran Sueno and immediately began working with the property manager (Mark) to customize a vacation for six couples in January of 2011. We arrived in January of 2012 for seven days and had one of the best vacations of our lives!!! The facility is decorated and maintained like a Four Seasons. We stayed in Casa Sueno and Palmilla. The views of the beach and bay are breathtaking. The food far exceeded expectations and the service was six stars. Not five.

Every morning the guys were up for deep sea fishing (boat picked them up on beach) or 18 holes at the on-property Doak course and Teddy had the coolers packed with all the essentials included freshly prepared breakfast burritos. Louis and Pepe arrived in the morning and waited on the ladies until the group told them to go home (typically 10 - 11 p.m.). The ladies took it easy… morning jog on the beach, massage in room, horseback riding on the beach with Raul and relaxed by the Gran Pool and on beach and never lifted a finger for anything. At 4 O’Clock every day it was cocktail time… fresh Guacamole and Salsa was served along with Sashimi / Ceviche using the Yellow Tail and Pargo the boys caught that morning. Then some beach games followed by some relaxation and more cocktails in the pool. Dinner was served every night in the dining room overlooking the ocean.

If you are looking for a tailor-made vacation in a very remote / very safe, secluded boutique resort, this is the place. We will be back in 2013!!! Thanks to Mark, Teddy and Marcella for their attention to detail, exceptional service and making this a truly amazing experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JasonK566
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is Mexico, so there might be times when your air conditioning is a bit slow or a light fixture doesn't work...but you won't have a care in the world because everyone is HAPPY at Gran Sueno, guaranteed! Between the new Tom Doak golf course, the immaculate stables and the gem of GranSueno, Raul, one of Mexico's esteemed, award-winning caballeros, the warm, clear waters, a media room for calm moments, the gym, the BEACH!, and pools everywhere... What's to worry? And the food is wonderful now! Hail to the chefs! Had a lovely time and just LOVE THIS STAFF! New managers, Teddy and Lupita, are doing a fabulous job.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in El Cardonal
Ventana Bay Resort
Ventana Bay Resort
#2 of 7 in La Ventana

Been to GranSueno? Share your experiences!