All reviews great location nice place to stay family hotel hot tubs are room facing basic hotel parking is limited the ground floor visiting la paz whale sharks malecon block hairdryer sears santa
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019

This hotel has unique charm with hand painted details. Yes, it's dated but it's got a great location and is clean. The front desk staff are charming. This is a bargain for a delightful old hotel.
We stayed here for easy access to swimming with the whale sharks. Were delayed going out so found out the hotel offers half price to extend your stay until 8 PM. Good to know.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

There is a lot of history here. The location is perfect: right in the center. Lots of public space. We stayed in a hotel one half mile farther out to the right. Do not do that. Stay here. The restaurant , La Terras, is excellent.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2019

I was disappointed in La Perla and would equate it to a Motel 6 or Super 8. I was traveling with a friend and sharing a room, upon checking in we were given a single credit-card type key. We asked for a second and were told "no." Not "I'm sorry, we don't have enough," or anything like that, just "no." The room was clean enough, I suppose, but extremely bare bones and old. In Mexico, many buildings are old, so that was expected, but it was very run-down. There was a single bottle of water, two very stiff towels, a bath mat and a couple tiny bars of soap, but no face towels, washcloths or shampoos, and the water barely trickled out of the old, mostly clogged shower head. At least the AC unit worked, the two double beds were comfortable, and the location is fabulous. The biggest complaint I have, however, is that in general the staff was not accommodating. Whenever we asked for anything, we were told simply, "no."

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

I have visited the hotel twice. In October and November of last year. The staff is very friendly and efficient. I did use the jacuzzi.
The pool is small but nice. It's a family hotel. If you don't want to use the car this hotel is perfect because it's close to the best bars and you can walk back to the hotel without any problem. It's very secure. The rooms are old but very clean.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2019

Right on the malecon in downtown. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Hot tubs were reserved by the hour and Not hot. My balcony overlooked the street which was loud at night. Great price for what you get.

Date of stay: December 2018