“The best restaurant in Ensenada”
Review of Manzanilla

Manzanilla
Ranked #22 of 318 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Mexico City
“The best restaurant in Ensenada”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you're looking for a relax atmosphere with spectacular food you should try Manzanilla. The place has a modern casual ambiance, the staff is very professional and nice, but the best thing is the food. Every entry was excellent specially the pork with vanilla essence. I will definitely will return to this place.

• Visited April 2013

Pasadena, California
“Our second time dining at Manzanilla was as spectacular as the first”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have to say it is hard to imaging a better dining experience than our initial feast at Manzinilla, but Solange and Benito came through to impress our party even more. On our way down to Ensenada our party of 8 from the Pasadena area were discussing our dinner plans for the evening and to the man the Manzinilla restaurant was the choice. This based on our great experience from the year before and I know that whenever in Ensenada I will be eating at Manzinilla. Thank you Solange and Benito for your exquisite food and unsurpassed service. - Te deseo lo mejor

PS - be sure to stop at the bar after your meal and enjoy some top shelf Mezcal

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 4EIEIO
Here, There & Everywhere
“Just Hype, No Substance... Mostly Poor, sometimes average”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The place is nice, the food is so-so, sometimes good, rarely excellent, mostly average but let me get this out of the way I have my issues with the place...

I've been there many times and have had some bitter-sweet experiences, one word of advice go early, on more than one occasion we've arrived 10:00-10:30pm and they've ran out of food... on other occasions we've had no problems whatsoever..

The other issue is with some of the waiters is that when they ran out of some dishes, they never telI you in advance, they make you order drinks, they hand the menu over, and when you order the waiters just run into the kitchen to see what's available, one time the guy had the nerve to tell us to call in advance and see if they could reserve some dishes for us, I consider that very rude... the hosts/waiters should have let us know that some dishes were not available or that they had run out of food when we came in...

The celebrity chefs/owners are hardly there anymore, I guess they're too busy signing autographs instead of taking care of their business..

Anyway, as I've said sometimes it was good, never great or spectacular, maybe we've been unlucky most of the time but hey, go try it and see for yourself

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cris B
Huntington Beach, California
“Not What I Expected”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

After watching the travel channel and wanting to try some of the dishes that was made, I was disappointed that none of it are available on the menu, and the Chef is not even there....The place was quiet on a Saturday night, the restaurant is tuck away off a side street in an industrial area.... The food was good but not excellent and pricey...Would I go back? Properly not.....

Visited August 2012
1 Thank dleung1121
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best of Ensenada”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by some friends and were not let down. The restaurant itself has a very sophisticated feel both by the decor and the method in which the space of the restaurant is designed. While having dinner it feels like your alone a room with friends rather than being able to hear the entire conversation of your neighbor which makes a meal that much more enjoyable.

The food itself is excellent. We had the arrachera a las brasas con polenta y verduras salteadas and the Arroz cremosa con cola de res. The Arroz cremosa con cola de res is absolutely amazing. Each bite is better than the one before. We also had a bottle of Syrah that was from the Valle de Guadalupe wine region that was very good.

This restaurant is the essense of what fine dining should be.

• Visited July 2012