“Best Shore Excursion in Ensenada, Mexico”
Review of Desert Trails

Desert Trails
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We do a large variety of tours, from horseback riding up in the mountains & beach, to tours to La Bufadora, Las Canadas, wine tours, we will be your personal tour guide without the rush. Trail Rides - Horseback riding right in Ensenada! Please call so we can meet you Camping with horses. B&B with continental breakfast. Something for all your needs and fun for the whole family!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Shore Excursion in Ensenada, Mexico”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were group of 8 with young children on cruise for July 4 weekend to Ensenada, Mexico and I was looking for shore excursions. I came across Desert-Trails on trip advisor and I was impressed with the reviews. I started communicating with Chrystal and as others put it, Chrystal is prompt in communicating and provided costs and details of the tour. I went ahead and paid advance as requested. The prices are very reasonable compared to the ship and I also requested a tour to La Bufadora. Chrystal was able to accommodate the tour as well. Our families enjoyed the entire trip. We were able to do horse riding and also see La Bufadora. If I have taken excursion from ship, it is hard to cover both the tours. We almost spent the day with Chrystal and Glenn. This was our first horse riding trip up on mountain trails, but we felt very comfortable with Chrystal. The children were able to ride on their own and enjoyed playing with their dogs. Chrystal took several pictures (for free added bonus) and emailed us. On the whole, it was wonderful tip, our families enjoyed every bit of our stay with Chrystal and Glenn. I would recommend 100% of this tour.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank anandkg2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horseback riding with lots of TLC”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

CHRYSTAL AND LAUREN WERE AMAZING!! My friend and I wanted to do a trail ride for a while, booked with them last minute and they accomodate you, no time limit, very affordable, sooo much fun! Its just like hanging out with long time friends. We only did an hour but it was the highlight of our trip. :) we are going back soon for another trip!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank ailsp
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best option in the area by far!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Like everyone says, the prices and service can't be beat. This is not a mainstream, corporate, sterile option; you're riding spirited horses in a very small group on narrow trails up a mountainside. The views are incredible, and you commune with the horse in a much more direct and organic fashion than if you were to ride in a long nose-to-tail caravan on the beach.

My family and I were with Liz, Chrystal and Glenn's associate, and she was warm, welcoming and knowledgable. Our 7-year-old and 9-year-old very much want to go again!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank poppies77
Placentia, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 star…..*****”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had 5 star experience!!!! My husband and I were looking for a place to take our 8 year old daughter for a horse ride. We found that at Desert trails had the most fun experience, with the best view!!! We took the 2.5 hour ride, and I have to say that we felt safe the whole time. Glenn and Chrystal treated us like family, they took all the pictures for us, so I did not have to worry about that. I even mentioned that we wanted to go to La Bufadora, and Glenn gave us a map. We are coming back, and I highly recommend this place..!!!! We had a great time!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gisela B
Burnsville, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Chrystal and Glenn​ were amazing. We are from Minnesota and have 2 children our girls were 6 and 8. Chrystal and Liz walked the entire trail in order to make sure our children were safe. We loved the trail and the views were incredible. We truly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend Desert Trails.

Visited May 2014