“Terrific lunch inn the vineyards”
Review of Finca Altozano

Finca Altozano
Ranked #2 of 349 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

One of the best meals, because of the absolute best "quails" anywhere. I have not been so lucky with other selections. Everything is grilled to perfections on a wood fire. Excellent ambience. My current favorite in the Guadalupe Valley.

1  Thank foredeckchick

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited Finca Altozano as part of a three-day tour of the Valle de Guadalupe. This is one of the few places in the world that has the best natural region to produce wine; match those international wining wines with Chef Placencia's cooking and you have an out of this world experience. I would take my 90 minute drive from San Diego any day, just to live this experience again. I am scheduled to go back to visit all 62 wineries in about six more visits, but I plan to have my dinners at Finca Altozano.

1  Thank Cecilia O
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food is just simply delicious. Everything we order was perfect The view was perfect, and service was friendly and perfect as well. Go for late lunch or early dinner and enjoy the sunset.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Although a good 45 minute drive from Ensenada .... you will not be disappointed. We've eaten here four different times and each time we come away longing for more. From its rural country motif to dining al fresco be sure to bring a sweater if the weather is cool and be aware that the summers can be rather hot in Guadalupe Valley.
We love that the menu changes according to what is grown or raised locally. It is from farm to table eating. We know some of the local farms where they get their produce and meat selections and can verify we are eating some of the best raised products.
The service is great, the meals sumptuous, the wine selection adequate and the views are reminiscent of the Napa Valley from the 1970's -- rural towns nestled between acres and acres of vineyards.
Come and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

the basis of my recent trip to the Valle was to eat at this place so I had super high expectations. It didn't disapoint. First, the view is absolutely insane. The eating area is basically on a covered patio with open air views 260 degrees around. The food was crazy delicious - stand outs were the grilled pulpo, short ribs and zucchini. The wine was flowing and the music was playing. After the sun went down, a sky full of stars appeared and we continued to good time at the fire pit with a bottle of wine. I cannot wait to go back!

Note that it is new and not on many maps, but if you basically drive to Laja and keep going on the dirt road about .25 miles, you'll see the entrance on the right.

1  Thank WaitingtoWarmUp