“Amazing tostadas but even better Coctel de Mariscos”
Review of La Guerrerense

La Guerrerense
Ranked #1 of 337 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
San Diego, California
“Amazing tostadas but even better Coctel de Mariscos”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is one of the places I always stop by when I am in Ensenada. Yes there is a line most of the time so do not come hungry and yes there Special Tostadas (which come with full seafood and pretty filling) are a little pricier but still cheaper than in the US. My favortie is there Coctel Mixto (which comes with all the seafood) and one tostada (of whatever there special is, either the Caracol or the Mixed one). You do eat standing up and this place is more of a stop and go kind of place but it has become a classic in Ensenada, even for celebrities.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“seafood cocktails and ceviche like no other”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I don't know why but I was inspired to do something different at La Guerrerense, and that is to deviate from what i know i like and try something new. it was probably all the people around me yelling out orders for "una (or dos or tres) de la Guerrerense," which in this case is the special house ceviche which shares the name of the cart. so without knowing it exact components - this at a seafood cart that features clams and mussels and sea urchins, snails, and cucumbers - i went for it. when i saw mine on the plate, I didn't want to like it. i don't like unidentified sea critters. or rather, i don't like the idea of a sea critters crittering along, nevermind having said critters in my mouth. (my food partner in crime devoured a octopus + sea snail cocktail, exclaiming about textures and freshness, and i was turning up my nose in disgust the whole time.)

well, you know how this ends. the Guerrerense tostada was awesome. it took about 3 bites before i was fully won over, but the thing was undeniably refreshing and tasty and plain good, with that addictive qualities of really good ceviches.

so take the plunge if you're at La Guerrerense, you'll be in for a treat. but they also have traditional fish and shrimp ceviches and cocktails if you want to stay on the safe side

Tip:
line up on the left side for cocktails and on the right for ceviche tostadas

2 Thank andariega_6
San Diego, California
“next time a expensive restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

So we saw Sabina Bandera tostada stand in ensenada on one of those TV shows and of course we hit the road from TJ. After a hard time to park the car since it is right there on a busy street we aproach the cart., It was crowded like with 50 people, so it took like 30 minutes to plece the order. Thay make the tostadas in 1 minute, they have everything prepare and ready to go.

The tostadas are defenitly not the best in the world. you can find much better tostadas anywhere in Veracruz or Sinaloa, hell even in Tijuana are much better tostadas.

What impress me was the price, 50 pesos for one tostada, so we order 8 tostadas we paid 450 pesos with the drinks......next time I will take my 450 and go to a restaurant with parking lot, waiters and even get a factura to deduct the expense!

definetly will never go there again, around the corner and the same tostadas for half of the price and no crowd.

3 Thank Salvador S
Solana Beach, California
“Awesome Fish Tostadas”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel room was right across the street. We checked in and I went out on to our balcony and low and behold, there's the place I saw on Anthony Bourdains show.
So I walked across the street and got four fish tostadas. Two for me and two for my 12 year old daughter. Best I ever had. Tons of yummy salsas to choose from and cheap too!

Glasgow
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The fact that there is always a queue of at least 10 people here no matter what time of day tells you all you need to know.

The salsas here are just amazing and it's so difficult to choose from all the options. Just the perfect street food.

• Visited October 2012