“seafood cocktails and ceviche like no other”
Review of La Guerrerense

La Guerrerense
Ranked #1 of 342 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I don't know why but I was inspired to do something different at La Guerrerense, and that is to deviate from what i know i like and try something new. it was probably all the people around me yelling out orders for "una (or dos or tres) de la Guerrerense," which in this case is the special house ceviche which shares the name of the cart. so without knowing it exact components - this at a seafood cart that features clams and mussels and sea urchins, snails, and cucumbers - i went for it. when i saw mine on the plate, I didn't want to like it. i don't like unidentified sea critters. or rather, i don't like the idea of a sea critters crittering along, nevermind having said critters in my mouth. (my food partner in crime devoured a octopus + sea snail cocktail, exclaiming about textures and freshness, and i was turning up my nose in disgust the whole time.)

well, you know how this ends. the Guerrerense tostada was awesome. it took about 3 bites before i was fully won over, but the thing was undeniably refreshing and tasty and plain good, with that addictive qualities of really good ceviches.

so take the plunge if you're at La Guerrerense, you'll be in for a treat. but they also have traditional fish and shrimp ceviches and cocktails if you want to stay on the safe side

Tip:
line up on the left side for cocktails and on the right for ceviche tostadas

2  Thank andariega_6
There are newer reviews for La Guerrerense

Reviewed September 2, 2013

So we saw Sabina Bandera tostada stand in ensenada on one of those TV shows and of course we hit the road from TJ. After a hard time to park the car since it is right there on a busy street we aproach the cart., It was crowded like with 50 people, so it took like 30 minutes to plece the order. Thay make the tostadas in 1 minute, they have everything prepare and ready to go.

The tostadas are defenitly not the best in the world. you can find much better tostadas anywhere in Veracruz or Sinaloa, hell even in Tijuana are much better tostadas.

What impress me was the price, 50 pesos for one tostada, so we order 8 tostadas we paid 450 pesos with the drinks......next time I will take my 450 and go to a restaurant with parking lot, waiters and even get a factura to deduct the expense!

definetly will never go there again, around the corner and the same tostadas for half of the price and no crowd.

3  Thank Salvador S
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel room was right across the street. We checked in and I went out on to our balcony and low and behold, there's the place I saw on Anthony Bourdains show.
So I walked across the street and got four fish tostadas. Two for me and two for my 12 year old daughter. Best I ever had. Tons of yummy salsas to choose from and cheap too!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The fact that there is always a queue of at least 10 people here no matter what time of day tells you all you need to know.

The salsas here are just amazing and it's so difficult to choose from all the options. Just the perfect street food.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

maybe the best seafood of my life. Sea urchin on a tostada, topped with scallops, avocado and hot sauce.