La Fonda Hotel & Restaurant
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ensenada
See available hotels
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
Califia Hotel(Rosarito)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Rocas Del Valle(Valle de Guadalupe)
Motel Sinai(El Rosario)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hacienda Guadalupe Hotel(Valle de Guadalupe)
View Hotel
All reviewslobsterall you can drinkcliff sidedinner companionspork ribsthere is free wi fistrong drinksmexican blanketsvacation rentaldrinks and appetizersocean wavesthis past weekendgreat timesgreat margaritasan appetizersunday buffetviews are amazing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I can honestly say that my trip to La Fonda in August for my friend's wedding will probably always be remembered as one of the best, even if short, vacations of my life. The hotel was beautiful, the staff was awesome, food/drinks amazing, rooms rad, etc etc, I have not one bad thing to say about my time there. Will definitely choose La Fonda Resort for my next rip out to that area. La Fonda somehow managed to make an already exceptional occasion even more amazing than it already was. GO THERE!!!!

Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed at La Fonda for a friends wedding at the end of the summer.

I was there with several friends. I had a great experience. Stayed there for the weekend, and didn't leave the resort once. I ate at the restaurant and drank at the bar all weekend, and the food was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm a vegetarian, and was afraid of not having much to eat. But I had plenty of the typical array of mexican options, and everything tasted fresh and yummy.

Our room, as was everyones room, was a beach front room with a balcony. Ours had a fireplace, I think the rooms varied in this respect. Ours also had a bar with barstools inside the room, facing the ocean, which I think also varied from room to room. The rooms came with microwaves and mini fridges, which was great for keeping beers cold and reheating meals i hadn't finished from the restaurant. The bathrooms and showers were clean, and the room service was prompt. Both the beds in our room were queen size which was great.

As for the ocean view, standard and beautiful. Also, the resort has very easy access to the beach, having a series of staircases that leads directly to the beach below. There were waiters that came down to serve you at the beach, but I don't think they're related to La Fonda and only take cash. Still, great to be served on the beach. . ..We had a good amount of privacy on the beach as well and felt safe hanging out there.

I had a massage at the spa which was great, and easily accessible from the hotel. It was at the end of a walkway that adjoins the hotel, so its' about a 5 minute walk from the farthest away section of the hotel.

All in all, it was a great weekend at La Fonda, and I would definitely go back there, and recommend it ! The price of the rooms were very cheap for ocean front rooms of that size with the amenities offered. The rooms vary from room to room, so I would recommend asking for a tour of the room when checking in, incase you want something specific.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed November 11, 2010

It surprises me to read others' reviews that indicate they have failed to grasp the simple beauty of a place like this......True, it is lacking many of the customary trappings of the average chain hotel (wifi, room service, $8 bottles of bedside water), but there is no reason to miss them. This intimate hotel caters strictly to those who want to relax and enjoy a private beach, a DELICIOUS restaurant, an entertaining bar, and a lovely staff, all without feeling removed from the local culture. The rooms (each individual in decor), while not decadent in any sense, are charming, cozy, CLEAN, and have gorgeous views of the ocean. I have stayed her three times for three very different reasons, and have always found it to be just what i needed- an affordable, lovely, relaxing time!

P.S. My last visit was for a good friends wedding.....It was beautiful, romantic, and extremely well-coordinated by the hotel staff. Just sayin', lovebirds.

4  Thank cheep75
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband and I first came to La Fonda a couple years ago on a friend's recommendation. We've been back a number of times since then, and last august got married there. I have never dined, or stayed anywhere with such an accommodating staff. Even when we filled the place to capacity, they made us (vegetarian) meals that weren't on the menu, brought firewood in wheel-barrows to our rooms, and even brought us cocktails on the beach, which is a serious hike from the bar. What they say on their website is true: if you're looking for free wifi and the white-washed uniformity that has come to dominate all but the most expensive hotels in the US, La Fonda is probably not for you. But, if you're into amazing food, rustic romance, and prefer a private beach to a chlorinated swimming pool, this is the spot for you. Before we got married, we walked each and every room of the hotel and there wasn't a single one that didn't have something uniquely magical about it. Barbara, the wedding coordinator, was super fun and incredibly helpful. She really worked hard to get us everything we wanted on our wedding day - the band even learned "white Wedding" just for me.
Some members of my family were seriously hesitant about coming here for our wedding, but even the most reluctant are now total converts and will be coming back for years to come. Even my mom, who *really* didn't like the idea at first, ended up staying an extra few days to enjoy the place.
Every now and then i run into someone who's been here... and there's always a knowing glance exchanged, because for those of us who have been here, there's truly nowhere like it. I've traveled all over the world (turkey, france, italy, hawaii, the cayman islands...) and LaFonda is absolutely ranked among my very favorite places on earth.

2  Thank LuluDanger
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed in room 22, overlooking the beach. About 10:00 p.m. 25 young adults started a party, complete with bonfire, loud music, screaming, and fireworks. That went on for three hours. I complained to the management around midnight and they were oblivious to the problem, even though the hotel has outdoor security. Then the mosquitos came. We could not keep them at bay and they caused us great distress. Our 18 month old daughter's was bitten all over her face and her eye started to swell shut. We were so miserable, we left the hotel at 2:30 a.m. and arrived home at 6:30 in the morning, exhausted. I should add that the lighting in the room was obnoxious- all florescent bulbs and no way to created a warm atmosphere. Finally, found the items in their restaurant to be expensive. We were really disapponted.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family