Hotel Calafia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Las Rosas Hotel & Spa(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
$130
$101
Posada El Rey Sol(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
$62
Hotels.com
$205
$156
Official Hotel
Corona Hotel & Spa(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
$106
$97
Travelocity
$98
$151
$144
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2009

How do you begin to explain all the things that went wrong beginning with the refusal to honor the quoted reservation price at check in; it was doubled by the desk clerk who explained that the person who originally accepted my reservation and quoted the price was no longer working at the hotel? I was there for my niece's wedding family came from as far away as New Jersey and Long Island with their children to the 'RESORT'. At the time that we were there the pool only had green water in it as did the spa so subsequent notations about the rusty deck chairs are making me envious. A destination wedding shouldn't have horrible before the description. The film used by the photographer was old or damaged so none of the pictures came out, my niece was scrambling to see who brought a camera to the wedding so she could create an album of sorts. My niece's groom had his hand in his pocket all night paying for "add-ons" to the "all inclusive wedding package". One of the add ons was bottled water for the guests, drinks were included as long as you didn't want water, what does that tell you about the quality of the drinks. Trust me the photos on the website of the inside of the rooms are of some other hotel altogether. The location is/was beautiful and there is much that could be done to give guests a wonderful experience but they haven't done it.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Napakins
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I regularly check trip advisor before booking any type of vacation yet have never written a review. After staying at this poor excuse of a hotel, I felt extremely compelled. This was one of the worst hotel stays my wife and I have ever experienced. I didn't check the reviews because my wife had already booked a room since one of her friends was getting married there. Had been to a wedding before at this hotel about 5 years prior but hadn't stayed the night and had had a great time then. Room was absolutely tiny and it completely smelled like must/sewer. Turned on the fan, sprayed Herbal Essence hairspray to freshen up the room and closed the door. We prayed that the smell would have gone away after the wedding but luck was not on our side. I wish I would have taken pictures of the room but didn't muster the courage to look at the room that closely. Broken tiles, moldy grout, and did I mention the smell. We visited another room later that night after the wedding that really was a lot better but they had no hot water. I highly recommend requesting to see the room before leaving your credit card at the front desk. And if they give you a room like ours, take a taxi and stay at the nearest Super 8 Motel on the US side. I'm sure it will be a LOT better than this place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sdtchrtrvls
Reviewed August 7, 2008

My wife and I were married this june at Hotel Calafia. We have been going every month for the last couple of years. We have read all of the nasty reviews and want to make it clear that this hotel is great as long as you don't forget you're in Mexico. It is very private and their is a quaint and unique feel about it. I love the views- especially from the restaurant. This summer the rooms with an ocean view are being rennovated, plenty of them are already done. I have seen a few of the finished ones and they are completely awesome. I will continue to keep going, and I recommend you ask for a rennovated room by the ocean if you go. There is no price difference from an unrennovated room by the ocean so you might as well try for a rennovated one.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ocfelix26
Reviewed July 21, 2008

After reading reviews we were afraid to stay here but our niece was getting married so we arrived ready to clean our own room and sleep with the lights on.
We loved the hotel and staff. Our room was clean with two nicely firm queen beds, and the ocean view was spectacular. This is an older hotel with a great deal of charm BUT if the occasional cracked tile and drapes not hanging just right bother you, do not stay here.
This is a lovely place to have a wedding. The ocean venues are breathtaking. The staff is very accommodating but this is Mexico, so “close enough” is sometimes what you get in the end (ie: the wonderfully tasty chicken stuffed with blue cheese was occasionally surprisingly chicken stuffed with ham-still great. The veggies were steamed just right. And everything was served hot.)
JC
Coronado, CA

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sdbvjdc
Reviewed May 27, 2008

My husband and I were visiting Rosarito,Mex for the first time and didn't know wich hotel to reserved so we decided to drive until we find this beautiful,peaceful,mexican style hotel.
the hotel is a copy of the California Missions in CA, very clean,great price from sun-thu only 35dlls on weekends goes from 80 to 100.
The hotel offers a beauty shop, wedding salon,coffe shop,bar disco,restaurant, beautiful ocean view, great service.The hotel is about a mile from the Rosarito hotel far from the traffic and people close to Porto Nuevo.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple