“Seafood extravaganza”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Seafood extravaganza”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Probably one of the best seafood restaurants I have ever been to in Ensenada. We were greeted warmly and found the ambiance to be busy but not noisy. Service was quick and the food tasted delicious. I highly recommend eating here.

Ensenada, Mexico
“Going Back for More Great Seafood”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Mariscos has a good local reputation and is, of course, well known for their seafood, as well as their friendly welcome at the front door. The facility is much larger than I had expected and can seat up to 300 guests on three levels. The atmosphere was cheerful with green tablecloths (not plastic or paper) covering every one of the second floor tables where we were seated.
This is not an atmosphere conducive to intimate conversation, but one that would be memorable for families and groups who want to share stories and lively conversation. It is a place where business can take a comfortable break from the workplace... a place to exhale.
I selected Seabass which came with a typical small garden salad and rice. But first came a lovely marguarita, crunchy chips and somewhat mild salsa (which I prefer.) Although there are many ways to prepare seabass, I was looking for that simple grilled filet. No extra sauces, or flavorings for the fish to swim in or under. This fish was exceptional! You know what I mean. We all have experienced that moment when the first bite connects with the tongue, your eyes close and you don’t want to swallow and lose that amazing taste and texture. The portion of Seabass was fairly large and I was able to take some home to enjoy the next day.
Throughout the evening, the gentlemen waitstaff were kind, smiled and were generally attentive. I did not have difficulty choosing Seabass, but it was another matter when it came to choosing from an array of some pretty amazing looking desserts. I chose a Trufa, coffee ice cream covered with a solid dark chocolate. A very tasty way to complete the meal. Cost of this meal was about average.
Overall, the evening at Mariscos was an enjoyable social experience with new friends and a fine introduction to great seafood for me, new girl in town. I highly recommend Mariscos and will return to try other delicious seafood from their menu.

Glendale, California
“Not as good as before”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

To be fair, this restaurant offers good ambience, decently clean restrooms with soap, water, and paper towels.

The reason we stop to eat at this place was because ate here before and it did not disappoint at all. Unfortunately, the only flavorful item was their salsa. I wish everything was tasty and fresh.

To begin with, the fried whole fish was packed with old oil; not good at all. The shrimp aguachile was immensely bitter and not easy to eat. I guess the lemons they used in this appetizer were very old. Their jamaica(hibiscus) juice(agua fresca) was delicious though. Last but not least, seafood soup was insipid.

I will not eat here again, the flavor of their food changed for the worse.

“I Plan To Return”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Apart from great food and service...I want a restaurant with an immaculate kitchen and never hesitate to look inside the cooking area, whether invited or not. Bahia Mariscos in Ensenada, not only has great tasting seafood and great service but also an extra clean kitchen and restroom.

I love the fish fillet with a baked potato and the salsa is terrific.

Visited July 2014
Key West, Florida
“stick to the bacon wrapped shrimp”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I ordered the filet mignon and my friend ordered the salmon. What I got was definitely not a filet. It looked more like a chopped up skirt steak. It was so tough I could not eat it. My friend could not eat his salmon either because it was so bad. We suspect it was not fresh, not season properly, and not cooked right. All bowl my wife liked the bacon wrapped shrimp we would not ever go back there again.

• Visited June 2014