“Don't bother”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was terrible, steak overcooked, lobster was a disappointment, their fish cecivche very good. Service was so so, and the rest was mediocra

1  Thank DLSLAW42

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Oooooh yeah! We had the garlic fish "filey" which was fine, but their mixto soup with fresh warm tortillas.... yES! Delicioso!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a very large well-lighted clean restaurant just of the Main Drag. Not much business the night we ate, but the service was prompt and the food served hot. Full bar, and the Pina Colad was tasty. My wife's Carne Asada was good, as was the Flan for desert.My breaded shrimp was only OK. Sice dishes were average. Mariachis traveled thru and played. Puzzling that this restaurant is ranked in the Top Ten in Ensenada; we would probably not bother to eat here again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

For the past 25 years my wife and I have stopped in at Mariscos Bahia in Ensenada whenever we visit. It is a seafood restaurant made famous because of their fresh fried whole fish lunch plate. The restaurant portion is friendly and very professionally run. The whole fish is prepare and fried in the dining area along with the making of their fresh corn tortillas. With the rest of the fixings that come with the lunch plate I manage to make myself 5 to 6 world class fish tacos. I like knocking the fish tacos back with a couple of their Dos Equis Amber beers. It's an excellent beginning to an afternoon of walking and shopping. Additionally, there is a very inviting side walk cafe directly outside the restourants front door if you desire to have your meal outside. There is a private parking lot behind the restaurant, and there are the occasional mariachi singers if you want to enrich your dining experience.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

You know, I really wanted to like it, because so many locals were there and people speak highly of it. It was fun to eat in the cute sidewalk cafe. Prices were reasonable. But my fish was a little disappointing, compared to my expectations. It wasn't prepared as well as I'd hoped. I would go back if my friends wanted to go there, but I wouldn't make a special trip and would probably try somewhere else next time.