“You HAVE to do it!”

$31.50*
and up
Las Cañadas Canopy Tour in Ensenada
More attraction details
Owner description: Las Canadas is a campground located about 30 minutes (driving time) south of Ensenada's Town Center. Among the services and facilities we have to offer are 2 Swimming Pools, The biggest Children Water Park in the state, ATV's Rental and an ATV's Track, Clean Restrooms and Showers with Hot Water, a Lake with Paddle Boats, Lots of green areas for camping and our main attraction: The Canopy Tour. The Canopy Tour at Las Canadas is a tour in which you get to live the experience of flying in 5 Zip Lines, one of them is over a quarter mile long!. In addition you get to challenge yourself in our 5 Hanging Bridges each of them offers a unique experience.If you come to Ensenada, come and visit Las Canadas... It will be an experience you and your family will never forget!!! The tour lasts about an hour. In order to be able to take this tour you must be at least 55 inches tall (140 cm). If you are shorter than 55 inches tall you can still take the tour but you will only be able to use the 5 zip lines and will have to skip most of the hanging bridges. There is NO weight limit to take this tour as long as you can fit the safety harness. Max. Waist Belt: 48 Inches (122 cm) | Max Leg Loop: 26 inches (66 cm).
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
St. Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“You HAVE to do it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This was so worth it and so safe. It's a really nice camp ground with a large professional staff. You could easily spend the day in here just enjoying the park (you'd have to pay the $9 entrance fee, though.) If you come just for the ziplines it's around $17 pp and you can't get a better deal. It's super pretty and the bridges are very adventurous. I loved it. Afterwards we rented an ATV and had a blast driving through the park with it for an hour.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank worldwidemeg

Murrieta, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't. Wait to return in the summer!,,,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Could have asked for a. Nicer place to spend a vacation! There is sooo much to do and it's too bad I couldn't stay longer. My kids won't stop talking about going back. We zip lined, rode the paddle boats ,BBq d and fished. I'm already planning my summer vacation so we can go to their amazing water park and water slide. Relaxing , fun and clean!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank VeronicaR724
Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Awesome but INTENSE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my very first time zip lining. And for $12 how could I say no. In the states I always make the excuse that I don't want to pay $75 to zip down wires.

However after going, it is probably worth $75. But it feels even better at $12... Hell, I'd do it twice next time.

I'm shocked that none of the other reviews I have read mention how much of an athletic workout experience this is -- as for just about every zip line you cross a very narrow bridge often on 4 legs.

It's not only requires a lot of balance and strength but you can't really be afraid of heights where you could get away with it if you veru "only" zip lining.

But I enjoyed the challenge. I played sports my whole life. My less athletic partner had trouble (it was a 30 year old girl). I honestly don't see how little kids can do this.

Overall an epic time.

NOTE: The more guys they try to send the more they expect a tip. We had like 4 guys with us -- 2 each taking pics with our cameras. We did get a total Facebook photo shoot on it though.

This place is inside this campground/park area that you can either spend the night in or just day picnic. We didn't have much time but I'd love to go back and spend the day.

This place is a must hit.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank 45robertc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“You HAVE to try this!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I took a cruise down to Ensenada twice in the past 3 months.. Both times we went to las cañadas and its something I recommend to everyone, anyone over 3 feet can do it and there's no weight limit. I read a lot of reviews and they recommend to take the taxi. I would say to do it if there's 4 or less people. Here is my experience and hope it helps anyone coming to Ensenada.

My first time I went with friends and our families, there was a total of 21 people. Our plan was to take a taxi and go do the Zip line. When we got off the ship we took the 3 dollar shuttle into town, in the shuttle a guide tags along giving you information and options on tours. The main tours where out to La bufadora ( blowhole) horse back ridding and the wineries. All of them more than half the price than the short excursions on the ship. She also mention las cañadas but we weren't interested , already had our plans to take a taxi.
We walked out of the bus station and the taxis were right outside. We paid 25 dls person. We tried to get a deal but he explain that the taxis all were different owners. We had to take 4 taxis because of the amount of people, didn't feel too comfortable with that. Even though the taxi driver we spoke had good English the one we got didn't speak any so he couldn't tell us anything about the town or anything period. We had left town around 9:30 am and got to Las Cañadas in about 40 mins. For some reason the taxis didn't get there all at the same time, but we figure they would arrive at anytime, so we decided to start with the zip line. It was amazing!!! A total of 5 zip lines and 5 hanging bridges. Took us about an hour and 15 minutes to do it. When we finish we realize a taxi was still missing. Got there right when we finished. Turns out he got a flat and didn't have a spare. We had to wait until they finished their turn on ghe zip line.That delayed us another hour and not to mention they tried to charge us another 6 dls to wait inside the resort. We ended up waiting outside.
By the time they were done, everyone was pretty hungry and we decided to go to the blowhole, not to far from there. They charged us another $10 dls per person. It was around 2:30 when we decided to head back to the city, since the ship didn't depart til 10:00pm, we asked what other things were popular to do. They mention horseback riding on the beach... I remember seeing the horseback riding excursion on the ship for $72 dls..... They charged us $10 dls to take us and there we paid another $15 dls. Not everyone did it. Was pretty fun!! We ended up at papas and beer around 5:30 and headed back to the ship around 7:30pm. Had no problems with safety, everyone was very nice and helpful. Total of what we paid per person was $77 dls and the once that didn't ride was $62.

On our second trip, 3 weeks ago, I went with coworkers. There were about 27 people total in our group. Since me and my family were the only ones that had been there we were encharged of the attractions. I decided to once again take the 3 dls bus... Funny thing, we got the same lady that gave us the information last time. This time I paid more attention on the tours they offer. When she mention Las cañadas zip line, she said to ask her once we got of the bus for more details. They charge $20 dls per adult and $17 dls per child under 12... Kids under five are free. The $17 dls for the zip line is separate. The blowhole tour sell for 15 dls and 12 dls for kids ( ship sells it for $34 dls anyone over 3 yrs old). Horse back riding $25 dls and $22 for kids. To make this story a little short, we got a package deal, she gaves us our own bus, which was perfect cause we went together ( remembering the problems with the taxis),a bilingual tour guide and of course driver, we did the zip line, blowhole and the horse back all for $77 dls and kids for $61 this includes all the extra fare. We had such an amazing time, the tour guide Alex, was very funny and helpful. And definitely the trip to las cañadas made it all worth it. I sincerely recommend to do it this way if you travel with more than 8 people... The company is called Las Dunas and they are at the far end of the shopping area, a block away from papas and beer. Beware!!! They are 2 bus companies and from the ship they take turns to go into the city... The other one drops you of by a McDonalds. And if this could be of help the lady that helped us gave me her email, she can set up your trips ahead a time and give you better deals or just information. Arimacias1@yahoo.com her name is Adriana.

I'm already planning another family trip in the summer and Las cañadas will be at the top of my list.

15 Thank Carlos_cali78
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I took two cruises down to Ensenada in the past 3 months . The first one there were a total of 22 people (4 families). We decided to take the 3 dls round trip shuttle to the city. Most people say to just walk out and find a taxi. Only thing is that on the bus they give you more information. They also offer tours. We really didn't care to ask much on the prices to Las cañadas because we had already planned to take a taxi. They charged us 25 dls per person. Because we were such a big group, we had to take 4 taxis. Didn't like much the fact we had to go separated. the taxi driver didn't speak English ( a lot of them do but not ghe one we got),so we couldn't make conversation and couldn't answer questions we had. Once we got there, we had to pay another 17 dls ( it's 200 pesos ). We decided to do the canopy as we arrived, didn't wait for the rest of the group. Turns out one of the taxis got a flat tire and didn't have a spare. So they ended up arriving by the time we were finish. Had to wait another hour and a half for the rest of the group to do the zip line. Once it was done, we ask to take us to la bufadora, and that was and extra 10 dls. Gave us enough time to shop and eat. They waited the whole time. It was around 3:00 pm when we where returning to the city. And since we had until 9 pm to go back to the ship we ask one of the taxi drivers what else was popular to do. He mention horse back riding on the beach. That was an extra 10 dls to go and another 15 dollars to ride. Was fun for everyone. We ended up going to Papas and beer around 5:30 and went back to the boat at 8:00pm. It was so much fun!!! We spend a total of $77 dls per person for all the trips and there was no Kids price.

Now, the second time was about a month ago. These was a family/ work trip we did. Since me and my family were the only ones that had been there, we planned out the same thing for a group of 28 people. We decided to take the same 3 dls bus to the city... Funny we got the same lady that gaves us the information the las time... She gaves us info on the blowhole tour, horse back riding, wineries, and las cañadas. She didn't say much on the zip line, all she said was to ask her if we want it more information. Once we got out of the bus we asked her how much was the trip to the zip line. They charge 20 dls per person and kids under 12 pay 17 dls. under 5 are free (plus the 17 dls you pay once you get there)...thought it was gonna be more expensive... Then she told me if I was interested she would give us our own bus that way we could all go together... I was sold we she told me that( remembering how the last time we had lots of problems getting separated with the taxis). To make this story short she gave us a package deal, we ended up paying 67 dls per adult and 61 dls per kids under 12. This included our own bus with a guide, the trip to las cañadas (zip line) and the fare to do it, the blowhole ( we had no time limit but only stayed about 2 hrs) and horse back riding on the beach. Best choice ever!!! Our tour guide was funny, and gave us a lot of info and tips on a lot of stuff. I'm planning another trip in the summer and will be doing it with them again. The company is called Las Dunas, they are at the far end of the shopping, a block away from papas and beer ( beware, there are two different companies.. The other one is close to McDonalds). And if anyone is interested here is the lady's email Address, told me I could email her and would reserve for me ahead a time. Her name is Adriana and her email is Arimacias1@hotmail.com.

I recommend the zip line 100%, you are gonna love it!!! And any one could do it!!! My friends dad is 65 and did the zip line. Will try to post some pictures. I hope this information helps.

2 Thank Carlos_cali78