“A little rain didn't spoil our day!”
Review of Surf Ensenada

Surf Ensenada
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“A little rain didn't spoil our day!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I am so glad we chose to book Surf Lessons with Miguel. I emailed Surf Ensenada and Miguel returned my call promptly and was able to answer questions I didn't think to ask. He was very accommodating and polite. The morning of our lessons it was RAINING and the kids were afraid we would have to cancel. I am so glad we didn't. We were gonna get wet anyway, right? By the time we hit the beach the sun was out. Surfing is hard work, but Miguel and his assistant made sure that everyone had fun and was successful. After the lesson we went to lunch. I would totally recommend going anywhere Miguel recommends. The kids wanted steak tacos and they were wonderful! We all ate and drank our fill for less than $5.00 US, each. My only recommendations are to bring water- the ocean is very salty, and bring $ingles- after the lesson a guy comes by with mangos and snacks (he doesn't carry enough change to cash your US $) I would recommend this to everyone and do it again.

Visited March 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Had a great time and missed the crowds”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Called a week in advance and talked to Miguel, he was very pleasant and very accommodating. We set up surf lessons for my kids and some local lunch. Miguel picked us up and gave us a mini tour (he know his history) and then off the the beach. After a few hours we went to a local restaurant for the best quesidilla ever and from there to shop. Great day overall for the same price as the crowed bus tour of the city.... highly rec commend this unique experience. Thx

Visited March 2014
Provo, UT
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“This is a must do while in Ensendada”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We did a cruise that included a day stop in Ensenada. We were with our family, 2 adults, 4 children (ages 6-11), and we started our morning off with a surf lesson from Miguel and his friends. It was an absolute blast! Let's just start off with the fact that I was terrible at it, but it was still so much fun. Their energy, and love of surfing made it such a great time. When you look at our pictures, notice Miguel's smile. That is how he and his friends were the whole time. Just out to have fun. The beach was a perfect place for beginners to learn to surf. They had chairs and blankets set up for us. They had our boards and wetsuits, he arrived on time as planned, and everything was better than described. When setting up the lessons, he was very easy to work with. We had a group lesson for 2 hours. It was a very nice little beach with tons of sea shells. It was a weekday, so the beach didn't have too many people, just a few other from the cruise ship. It was definitely the highlight of our cruise!

One of the things I liked most about this was that it was an adventure, but it wasn't far from the ship. We wanted something relaxing like this so we could enjoy our time together. We didn't want to drive as far as some of the others did, to get to other things.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Luv2VacationForever
Boise, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Heart of Ensenada”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My friend and I went to Ensenada not really knowing what we were going to do. I suppose we were just looking to experience another culture. Miguel’s reviews and website for his surf company caught my eye. I emailed him on the bus ride down to Ensenada. He responded quickly and seemed friendly. I scheduled the surf lessons.
They picked us up at our hotel in a van with surfboards strapped to the top and smiles on their faces. His friend jumped out and greeted us warmly. The surf lessons went great. Miguel and his team know what they are doing and we were both able to stand up several times on waves.
After surfing Miguel offered to show us the wine valley. We agreed and he dropped us off at our hotel so we could rest first. About an hour later we were on our way to tour the Museo De La vid El Vino where Miguel translated Mexico’s wine history for us. Then we went to L.A. Cetto Winery and his friends there took care of us with some relaxed wine tasting. After all the wine, we were getting hungry. Miguel took us to his Mother’s quaint restaurant to have deliciously authentic Mexican food.
My friend and I expressed interest in checking out the town and visiting bars. Miguel was happy to show us around. We started out at Hussong’s cantina where he let us buy him a couple shots of Don Julio. He took us to several other bars and drove us up to Trinidad Peak to view the city before dropping us off at our hotel.
After the day was over, I was sure we had felt the heart of Ensenada and experienced a lot of what the city has to offer. It was a truly great experience and Miguel made it possible. I highly recommend his services if you’re passing through Ensenada.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Christopher D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly instructors”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Went on a cruise to Ensenada and booked surfing lessons for me and my daughter. Miguel was awesome he picked us up outside the port and drove us around town when we were done. I had never surfed and was able to ride a few waves! It was fun!!!

Visited May 2013