“Excellent food, good service and good company”

Mahi-Mahi Restaurant de Mariscos en el Mapa
Ranked #16 of 326 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We had an excellent meal with our family, and the atmosphere was outstanding!
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Excellent food, good service and good company”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had an excellent meal with a group of seven at Mahi Mahi. The food was excellent. There was a wide range of seafood available. The small stuffed peppers made an excellent entrée. The seafood chowder was good. For mains we enjoyed salmon, garlic shrimp and whole fish. We'll go back next time we are in Ensenada.

• Visited January 2014

San Diego, California
“best octopus I have ever had”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Being a seafood lover I have try octopus everywhere, being the best a la tinta in Veracruz, so I went on a business dinner to Mahi Mahi in Ensenada and the waiter told me they have good octopus so I order it. It was the best octopus I have ever had, a whole garlic octopus on top of rice, since then, I been driving to Ensenada every week from SD to eat it.

The service is great, the drinks are great and the price is very good. Lots of parking available, since the crowded restaurant area is kind of conflicted to park.

• Visited August 2013
Ensenada
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The first time I went to Mahi Mahi, everything was amazing! Excellent food and the service was outstanding. The subsequent times I have gone they have been (a) out of everything I asked for, (b) everything was too salty, or (c) some of the food was over cooked and dry.
Why do I keep going back you might ask? The location is great, the service is great and the restaurant is very open and airy, inviting....so I keep hoping one day we'll get everything the way we experienced it the first time :)

• Visited June 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Food but Tricky Menu”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I may be a little naive and my husband fell for it too but we came to eat Mahi Mahi and when we ordered Mahi Mahi Shrimp, we realized we just got shrimp and that the Mahi Mahi was just the name of the restaurant. Oops, my bad. Even though we messed that up, the food was still awesome and we got to people watch.

Visited April 2013
Edmonton
“Huge portions. Great food!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on my last night in Ensenada.
6 of us went, 2 people had eaten their before.
If you like seafood this place is a must. Portions were very large and they're generous in the amount of seafood in each dish.
My wife and I split a seafood combo cocktail (medio) and it was large. I was pretty much full after just my appetizer.
Next most of us ordered the linguine Michelle. Which was linguine with scallops and shrimp, the portion was so large a few people split it, again there was a generous amount of seafood in the dish.
With beer and meals it worked out to roughly $200pesos per person. Which is great considering you'll leave stuffed.
I would definitely go back and recommend Mahi Mahi