“Friendly staff, excellent inexpensive hotel”
Review of Hotel del Valle

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ensenada
Hotel del Valle
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My crew and I make this our preferred place to stay when we're in town for race events. The staff is friendly and makes certain we have what we need to be comfortable. The location is great since it's close to town, walking distance to restaurants for meals. The always attend to our needs, whether we require an extra bed, more pillows, etc. The crew is made up of professionals from all over the US and everyone is always happy with their experience at the Hotel del Valle; prices are great and rooms are clean. Ed Knight, Apollo V, Point Loma Yacht Club

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank IdahoAnn

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Much like an American motel, unpretentious and comfortable. Friendly staff. Four blocks from the tourist zone, but the hotel is fairly quiet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank John R
Reviewed March 27, 2009

...small room with tiny bed, smelled like hell (must have had heavy smokers in the room before), receptionist very insufficient, old furniture, only the bathroom seemed to be newly renovated. not the best area to walk back at night.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Swiss_Miss_K
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed May 8, 2006

This could not have been worse. I made my reservation 3 months in advance, and upon arriving at the Hotel Del Valle, the manager (Pedro Villavicencio) said we had no reservations and that he was booked. While he did find rooms for our party for the night, they were on the other side of the river in a very seedy part of town in what can only be described as a fleabag hotel.

Not evan an apology was given. Unbelievable.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2006

After reading the tips on tripadvisor me and my boyfriend decided to stay at Hotel del Valle while spending two nights in Ensenada and we had a perfect stay. Indeed the front desk was very friendly and the rooms were nice with a couch (which was a bit old but charming), a good bed (very important!) and a spotless bathroom with a pleasant shower. The cable tv was nice as well.

It is very convenient located on walking distance from the bus station on one side and the tourist area on the other side.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone staying in Ensenada and being a bit on a budget. It's a great deal.

And the restaurent acress the street to the left is great for breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2006
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2006

I have visited Ensenada often although not for many years, so I knew locations but not the current hotel scene. I chose this one for location -- close to shops and eats, but not embedded among them; it's a few blocks from the tourist street, and as many from the Mexican shopping district, thus quiet but easy foot distance to either area. It's a simple place (exactly what I was looking for), very clean, and price is very moderate, front desk is extremely friendly and helpful. Between their broken English and my even more broken Spanish, we were directed to anything we asked for, mainly food, a good bakery, etc. (BTW, the tiny Mexican restaurant just to the left as one exits the hotel gets high ratings from my Mexican friends in Ensenada, although I didn't get a chance to try it myself).

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
14  Thank AlanLosAngeles_CA
Reviewed July 18, 2005

I just recently returned from a two week stay in ensenada, MX July 17, 2005. Part of my stay required me to find I hotel. Hotel Del Valle is THE PLACE!!! It is 4 blocks west of the very popular Lopez Mateo (Calle Primera or Tourist Zone) on Avenida Riveroll. Getting to and fro has you walking through what seems to be unsaviory territory but that isn't true in the least. MX building codes are really non-existent. Once you arrive at the court yard and reception desk of Hotel Del Valle, you will be impressed and happy you chose this hotel. Trust me on this one! My room, number 103, was in excellent shape from bedroom area to the cleanliness of the bath and shower. Even the towels were arranged into characters and objects found on cruise ships. Mine had fans. I was quite impress. Each unit door is highly varnish and impeccably presented. The parking area is well lighted and from my observation very secure because of the location of the front desk. Theft or damage of ones vehicle is next to impossible without the front desk being aware of it. The front desk spoke enough English to answer most questions. For those with Spanish, butchered Spanish will do also. I had just completed a two week course in basic Spanish so renting a room was a breeze. This hotel isn't a Motel 6 nor is it a Hyatt. I best guess would be something like an Embassy Suites. At least in my room, I had a new TV with cable and a remote control. The funishing we in excellent shape with no cigarette burns or other noticable damages. OH! OH! I smelled no smoke. I don't know if smoking is allowed. A large percentage of the local population smoke.

37  Thank Miaussi