“Very relaxing.......”

Estero Beach Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
“Very relaxing.......”
Reviewed July 19, 2005

We just returned from Ensenada and stayed at the Estero Beach resort.
We loved the fact that is was off the beaten path. Everyone was extremely nice and tolertated my attempts at Spanish, but we mananged.

Our room had a spectacular view, my husband loved waking up and making coffee while looking at the ocean right outside the window. He was so relaxed he was able to read 3 books, peace and a quiet are hard to come by at home.

The kdis were in heaven, the pool was one of the coolest they had ever seen it was like a pond and had palm trees growing out of the water.
The beach was small, but fit the bill for my one daughter all she wanted to do was build sand castles and bury her legs in the sand. They also had bikes and jet skis for older kids but we didn't try those.

We were pleasantly surprised at the weather it was cool in the early morning but warmed up by 10:00, most days. My husband got burned on the first full day in the sun, my girls never knew someone could turn so red, they took a picture.

The food was fabulous, I was really surprised because, I had heard so many stories about people getting sick for all sorts of different reasons.
Although, I did think ever single meal I ate this could be the one that makes me sick, it never happened luckily. Every meal was wonderful, especially at the hotel and we ate downtown also.

All in all, for someone who had never been to Mexico and very anxious, my family had a great experience.

I actually got to relax also and usually the Moms don't really get a vacation because you are busy watching the kids.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
So Cal
Reviewed July 10, 2005

Just got back from Estero and even though I would give it an average I would definately go back, we had tons of fun. Let me clarify, the hotel is average for a resort/hotel but above average for one in Ensenada.
The room was basic but the only time we were there was to sleep so it was fine. From the room we had a view of the ocean and a nice patio with a couple of chairs to enjoy the view. The pool was right outside my front door but once the door was closed we could not hear any of the pool activities. The hotel is about 6 miles south of the main tourist area and off the beaten path.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and we had a very relaxing time. Sitting at the restuarant drinking a few beverages you get a great view of the water, many birds and even a few seals on the beach.
One of the only things they should improve is the food at the restuarant, it was very bland and nothing like the food you get out in town. Each time we sat down to have drinks they served cold stale chips. You would think the cooks would be making these fresh when needed.
You can rent jetskis at their private beach and there was a motorized glider for rent just north of the hotel on the public beach.

This hotel is very family friendly, there were many families enjoying themselves. This place is probably a nice as it gets and the price is well worth it. Just don't eat their food;)

22 Thank drago65
Reviewed July 2, 2005

I absolutely loved Estero Beach. Aside from the fact that our room was overlooking the pool. The view was great and the service... well, i can't complain. I would definitely be going back soon!

• Stayed June 2003
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2005

I spent two nights and three days in a room overlooking the pool. Everything seemed to be fine until I got home and found an oval shaped bug clinging to my head.

I removed it and found it was still kicking. I tried to kill it by pressure and ended up flushing it down the toilet. This experience was totally unacceptable and I have spent $45.00 on products for killing head lice.

Plus I threw away all my pillows and washed all my bed sheets, blankets, etc. in extremely hot water.

I've travelled in the interior of Mexico many times in the past and have never experienced anything like this. This is not worth the $120.00 price I paid for the room.

K.V. Johnson - reservations made by(Steve Rubin)
room 117

Stayed June 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 2, 2005

Not so sure I'd like this place as much if I were there on a weekend in high season just because there would be so much competition for the great service we got. We were there mid-week and off-season (February). Because of that we had a little rain to go with the abundant sunshine. What Estero Beach doesn't have: telephones, hair dryers, and only 4 or 5 TV channels. What it does have: large, comfortable rooms, bathtubs with the showers, a sliding glass door that leads to a deck with tables and chairs overlooking the garden and estuary, a great restaurant with exceptional food and service, swimming pool (a little cold this time of year) which was fun to jump into after soaking in the clean and large hot pool or jacuzzi, and one of the best shelling beaches ever (walk north). AND, this was all for the incredible price of $80 (reservation so we could be assured of a view room). We came with friends who paid the off-season mid-week walk-in rate (via a coupon from the resort's website) of $60. $400 service and ambiance for only $60!!!

• Stayed February 2005
43 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2005

We walked in without reservations and were given an ocean view room in the hotel, first floor, for $59.95. The room had two queen size beds with 12 x 12 tile floors and spacious bathroom. The decor was Aztec/ Mayan which was very tasteful. They had a decent television with English stations, generous number of towels and bottled water. The best thing was the view. Each room has its own little terrace with patio furniture and easy access to the beach walk. The restaurant on the grounds had good food with a waiter hovering near by. Mexico is a slower paced country so it is important that guests realize this. Though it is an older property, we found it clean and worth the value. Finally, there was a lot of security there which was comforting.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member