We made reservations on the Hotel's website in April for our June stay. We requested a balcony room. We arrived at 2 PM and the room was not ready. No problem as check in wasn't until 3 so we had lunch and came back at 3. The room was ready. When we got to the room it was barely bigger than our bathroom at home. It ws dark, no balcony as requested, and no closet space or dresser space for clothes. We asked for another room with balcony and were told they didn't have any. We decided to splurge and upgrade to the master suite. The room was big with a jacuzzi tub. Problem was you couldn't fill the tub or take a shower as there was no water pressue. The hot just trickled out. We called for someone to fix it and the manager came up to look that night. He said someone would fix it in the morning. When we got back late afternoon it still had not been fixed. We called again and someone came up and looked at it again and said he would check the pressue to the hotel itslef. At 6 PM when nothing had been resolved we went to the desk to complain again. This time a new person was there and she said they have had that problem for 2 years!!! So, we changed rooms again! This time to a junior suite with the balcony we had requested in the beginning! This room also had a smaller jacuzzi tub, but still not enough pressure to fill. By the time it filled the water was cold. Overall the hotel is in a great location, a bit noisey but not too bad. Walking distance to everything. Don't think we'd stay there again. We've stayed in several other Ensenada Hotels and this one rates the lowest with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming colonial boutique hotel is located in the heart of Ensenada. You can walk to more than 20 restaurants and coffee shops along the bazaar like streets lined with art treasures, each one more unique than the next.The intimate and friendly atmosphere will allow you to feel like this is your home away from home. The staff will point you in the right direction for whatever you are seeking.Come and experience our warm & friendly hospitality!Our staff will help make your visit to Ensenada a stay to remember filled with a variety of activities such as wine tours, whale and fishing trips, restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol Hotel Ensenada
- Americas Best Value Inn Ensenada