We have liked this place because it is dog friendly and right down on the tourist strip, very close to everything. This time we have concerns...first the price is out of control, then...it seems to be falling into disrepair....quite dirty this time..my wife spilled something on the carpet by the bed..being responsible she took a hand towel that was a white one and began to swipe up the spill....when she noticed black was coming off of the carpet..so black that she wanted to show it to the owner , to say why is it so dirty. They really need to clean this place...the first night we were put in a room, with no working heater...wife froze in bed. It got cold that night , couldn't get any heat to come out of the trashed heater. In the morning we went down to tell the same girl, who checked us in the night before...she said she would send someone to fix it. An hour later nobody was coming..so my wife went down again and said , give us another room with a working heater..she was told..I'll send someone up...to fix it. We went for breakfast..we were gone 2 hours and when we got back...nobody had been to see the broken heater. So I went down and demanded another room..told her we were leaving unless she changed our room..dirty looks from girl at front desk...I was in a huff as well..but lest they forget..we were paying over $100.00 a night. Had been many times before here and didn't like the treatment we were getting. So she reluctantly gave me a key to a different room, which we moved immediately to. This was upsetting to us.The whole ordeal...we should not have had to pay for the first awful night. The shower is appalling...moldy...everytime I moved my arm the shower door opened and the water went onto the floor...tiniest shower stall ever. The girl at the front office can speak english...but that's all she could do. We did not like this hotel this time at all. Oh, the parking lot was empty..we thought we were the only people in the whole place. Next door is a hotel..their parking lot was full..double parked, crammed in. We don't know about this place anymore...we will try another establishment when we come back thru Ensenada. Overall it should get a terrible. Price, help, cleanliness...bad. Sorry Jean Luc...looks like you've been sleeping at the wheel here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming colonial boutique hotel is located in the heart of Ensenada. You can walk to more than 20 restaurants and coffee shops along the bazaar like streets lined with art treasures, each one more unique than the next.The intimate and friendly atmosphere will allow you to feel like this is your home away from home. The staff will point you in the right direction for whatever you are seeking.Come and experience our warm & friendly hospitality!Our staff will help make your visit to Ensenada a stay to remember filled with a variety of activities such as wine tours, whale and fishing trips, restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Posada El Rey Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol Hotel Ensenada
- Americas Best Value Inn Ensenada