Review Highlights
Great to sit al fresco on the sidewalk and people watch

You can find many shops, restaurants, pharmacies, and bars. I personally like to sit outside and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
ORD-TGU
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Main Drag for shops and restaurants.

Fairly typical “tourist” main drag. But, the vendors were friendlier and more humorous than most we... read more

Reviewed October 7, 2018
MarkMM55
Denton, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Ensenada
from $28.00
from $75.00
from $32.50
from $64.06
More Info
All reviews el rey sol typical tourist cruise ship pleasant hour street area ear rings shops selling clothes small cafes and restaurants tourist street lots of shops south end great street great place to shop sterling silver locals shop walk up the main street
Reviewed June 21, 2012

It is a noisy fun street. It seems pretty safe but we left early because it is more for the young-single crowd. I do not know how it looks at night but just for the amount of alcohol being consumed it seems trouble.
My advise: go but when it gets late stay out of trouble makers going early to your hotel.

Date of experience: June 2012
4  Thank apa00
Reviewed June 19, 2012

First street is great, the atmosphere up near thr clubs is awesome. The shops along first street are great too and the silver is amazing. But I must warn you. There is a massage clinic on first street, it's on the left hand side, I think the second block if your walking down from mango mango. I went their to have a massage and got a male, he was the only one working and whilst massaging my neck asked if I wanted a "full chest massag". It was so discusting and I felt violated but thought it might have been standard here in Mexico because I'm from the otherside of the world. So I strongly suggest not going here!

Date of experience: June 2012
8  Thank SachaG_12
Reviewed April 11, 2012

It's a very interesting street in Ensenada port, the first thing you'll find are some hotels, coffee shops and later find a wide variety of shops, bars and clubs with all varieties of music for all tastes. From a glass of wine to party until dawn

Date of experience: March 2012
1  Thank CancunVoyager
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Mango Mango was a blast! Good 80s & 90s music and lots of sun. Pappas and Beer ripped off some of our female friends. Promising free tequila but not letting them leave without paying for all their shots.

There is a Tequila shop on the main street. South of Mango Mango on the oppostite side of the street. Very knowledgeable about Tequilas but watchout for the Spanish speaking 30 something Irish guy. He told me I couldn't get Esperanto Tequila in the states. Told me a bottle sells for $200 and charged me $130, making me think I was getting a good deal. I found out when I got back the the bottle sells in the states for only $89. I think the smooth talking young bald 30 something Mexican guy was honest but not his biz partner. I only wish he would have stepped in to advise me correctly. If you know the name of the shop please let me know. They do give free tastings and have a tip jar in the tasting cabinet.

Date of experience: March 2012
5  Thank chris m
Reviewed March 2, 2012

If this is your first time to Mexico, then you will have a blast looking around the shops for souvenir items. Unfortunately for me, I have been to different parts of Mexico looking for souvenirs that are unique in that city, and come to find out that many of the items are the same in Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, and Ensenada. The only thing that is changed is the name of the city on the merchandise. You are better off saving your money for the delish food on the streets than you are spending it on generic merchandise.

Date of experience: February 2012