“Very nice weekend stay”

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
San Diego, California
“Very nice weekend stay”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very nice weekend in Ensenada! The hotel is great, for the price paid. It was clean and tidy with a nice swimming pool. The location is great: basically on the main street, 1 block from the ocean (port) and 5 minutes walking distance from the info center. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luca D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife. It is in a good location in downtown Ensenada, walking distance from clubs and bars. We arrived before the check in time but since our room was ready they gave us the key. We didn't have any problem. The staff is friendly, the pool is average. They have a small parking lot in the hotel and one bigger in the same block. Our car was secure and no incidents. Don't forget to try the churros that they sell in the same block of the hotel. No fitness room or spa.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet sleep ask for a back side room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cemorillo
baja mexico
Reviewed April 3, 2013

well this is a great hotel the only reason im giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the wifi is so poor is practically non existent, the guys at the lobby were very helpful, is kind of runned the old fashion way but it works, and the location is very good overall a solid choice

i would go back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GonzalezYajimovich
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I just called to check availability. I don't speak spanish, and as soon as I asked if they spoke English, they hung up! The first time I thought it was a mistake. Nope! Two more calls and the exact same treatment!

I assume they MUST have someone on staff who speaks English. The have an English website!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank iparlefranglais
konakai1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Casa del Sol, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear iparlefranglais,

First of all, let me apologize for the delay in responding. I recently started with the company and had to make some inquiries regarding this issue. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm very sorry we could not meet your needs on the day that you called us. I assure you that all of our front desk staff speaks english, however after checking with the staff I found out that there were a couple of days that one of our desk clerks was out sick and unfortunately the only person that we could get to cover does not speak english, he also doesn't work at the front desk normally. I hope you give us another chance to serve you in the future. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to email me directly at vrendon@casadelsolmexico.net.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Excellent value. Even my 4 star wife likes it! Quaint, clean, courteous, comfortable. An oasis of calm in a sea of insanity. Chairs outside each room lend to a resort feeling. The Motel aspect apes to me as we are motorcycle tourers and it is nice to be able to park within sight of you room and check on your bike from time to time. Have stayed twice with no issues.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank SteveonSaltspring
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's difficult to find a good-value hotel in Ensenada. This one does the trick, although I'd say it's more like a motel, not a hotel. Unpretentious but clean, it's conveniently located in the downtown area of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Antoine_K_10
Long Beach CA
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We have stayed at this motel for about 30 years now and have always found it pleasant, clean, and quiet. There's a nice pool, a coffee shop, a taco shop, a charming bar, and a hot dog place right on the property. What we like best about the place is that it's walking distance to all the great restaurants and shopping without being in the sometimes noisy center. The staff all speak English and are helpful and knowledgeable. There's a taxi stand directly across the street--quite convenient!

Room Tip: We like the rooms closest to the office (recepcion). They've been redecorated and they're r...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple