“From Memory”

and 1 more site!
Bahia Resort Hotel
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just doing this out of nostalgia for the wonderful stay here on our honeymoon in 1971. Had little money so crossed the border and on down to Ensenada. First night in some flea infested place. Second day we found the Bahia. It was perfect. We had a room overlooking the courtyard fountain (still there?). The service was warm and friendly--the bed was all one could ask, well, it was out honeymoon. Such fond memories. Glad to see it still stands and that some travelers are still enjoying their time there. It may not be the flat screen antiseptic haven many travelers seem to want these days. My guess is you need to be that other traveler to appreciate this--if you are then you'll know what I mean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PapaSunna

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We could it done better for $ 75.00 a night, we were three couples, three different rooms, and we all agree that the were ugly dirty rooms, hard beds, noisy AC, small dark bathrooms, no outlet by the mirror sink, no towel racks, so the maid had to leave the clean towels on top of the toilet tank, yes in well central located, but unless you are a heavy drinker you don't find anything else, but bars around the hotel. On the other hand we also stayed at The Hacienda Hotel at LAX in California, we paid $50.00 dollares a night with shuttle included and it was a big difference for less money. Next time I won't trust reviews.

Room Tip: Ask friends before you go, don't trust reviews.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alicia C
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Hotel Bahia in mid Feb 2012.
The hotel was very quiet with lots of rooms available. We had breakfast tokens for the next door restaurant as well as tickets for free Margaritas at a nearby bar.
We paid $50 a night for our room with a 40% reduction for every third night.
The hotel us very well situated on the sea front in Ensenada. The nearest beach is about 2 Kms away. The rooms were comfortable but lacking a coffee M/C.
Reception were always very kind and helpful.
It was a 20 minutes walk to the bus station.
We would definitely stay there again. We enjoyed Hotel Bahia.

Room Tip: Try for an odd number room. We were in 227 which was excellent for sunsets over the Harbour/Marina
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt47Coventry
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Stark, white room (reminded me of a hospital room) no color, no decorations, 1 small pic on wall. Very little furniture: one chair, one 18 inch round table, on TV-dresser 30 inches long. Back-breaker-hard beds. No end or between-bed tables, and only a foot between beds. No water in room, no coffee service. They do give a voucher for continental breakfast (coffee and toast at restaurant). VERY NOISY as the back faces the main boulevard around the bay. Very noisy air conditioner right above the beds. Also, is in the downtown area and a 30 min drive from the beaches. Room prices are $50 and up. You can get better quality rooms for $30 a night in Ensenada. Lots of hotels in Ensendad - just go and look for them without reservation (even in Semana Santa (Easter).

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trav321
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I stayed in a very nice, clean, quiet room facing the courtyard. Other guests were also very happy, and agreed it was a good idea to avoid the noisy street-side rooms. The staff was very welcoming and accomodating. They gave me a very late checkout so I could wait to see if the rain would clear up before departing on my motorcycle. Overall, I felt very comfortable and safe. The Hotel's parking lot has excellent 24 Hr security. The downtown location is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank GigHarbor
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My wife and I have known the Bahia for years. My wife remembers when it was $25 for a five bed suite, back in the early 70s! The place is old but appears to have been recently renovated, and depending on what you are looking for could really be a nice value.

The hotel is on Blvd Mateos, which is the main drag through town, There are lots of clubs nearby, and the bar has a VERY loud karaoke which starts at around 9 pm, and continues to 2 am. When I say loud... I mean, you can hear it in every room of the place, especially near the pool area where our room was located. My wife and I were fine with the sliding glass doors closed & the A/C running, but it would have been awful if were looking for real peace & quiet (NOTE: our stay was a weekend, and it likely would be much quieter on a Sunday-Thurday night stay).

The pool area - where our room was located - was clean, and the pool itself very comfortable, heated and clear. I do not usually swim at hotel pools, but here it was fine. The hotel rooms were also clean comfortable, but the bed matress was extremely hard, and of course the pillows, like all of Mexico, were about 2 inches thick - Almost like airline pillows. Toiletries were bare minimum... tear-open packages of shampoo, no conditioner, no hair dryer. Bring your own toiletry bag and pillows!!

Still, given the location close to shops and restaurants, the party atmosphere (if you like this sort of thing), the nice bar, secured parking, and the price - I would definitely stay again! Lots to see and do here! Desk staff very courteous. It felt very secure, and in fact the entire downtown Ensenada area felt incredibly safe... no beggars, no "riff -raff" to speak of, police presence was observed, but appreciated and not hostile at all towards visitors. During the day you will share the town with cruise ship passengers (Royal Carribean & Carnival have ships in port 4 or 5 days each week), and at night the town draws locals and families, which was kinda fun experience!

But remember, this is Mexico, and is primarily a party-place, at least in this part of town.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I have been staying at this hotel since I was 16 years old and I am now 53. This hotel has seen its ups and downs, there is no question about that. However, it is in much better shape than it was a couple of years ago. The pool was clean, the room was clean and well stocked, and both the restaurant and bar were more vibrant despite the lack of tourists down there now. The staff is friendly and helpful. Although there may be fancier places in town, I like it here. Additionally, it is walking distance from the nightlife and the fishing docks, and has a secure parking lot so you can park your car, leave it, and not worry. It is a nice hotel for a good price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple