“Knowledge of staff”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Solihull
“Knowledge of staff”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 6 weeks on a business trip. The level of competency by most of the staff was fantastic. From Pedro in the lobby bar, luciano and Humberto in the Marina grill and Valantine on the front desk made the long trip away from home more enjoyable.
I plan to be back in June/July and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Martymc70,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate your kind recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Overall we had a pleasant stay at Hotel Coral & Marina, the rooms are very comfortable, the view is spectacular, the location is excellent and the food is really good. However, I do have a complaint regarding the way a member of staff handled a misunderstanding. The situation could have been handled in a polite and discrete manner but instead my fiancee and I felt very uncomfortable. Such situation was a shame since we came all the way from England (to a wedding) and we were hoping to get the great service that a five star hotel should have. For that reason I recommend that the hotel encourages all their staff to always treat their guests in a courteous manner no matter what.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RM C,
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards that day, and for that I sincerely apologize with you and your fiancee.
We would like to contact you if you desire.
adalberto.villa@hotelcoral.com
Ing. Adalberto Villa S.
Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was already ranked # 1 by TA so I expected it to be good. Big and modern, nice rooms, very nice bedding, cute location overlooking marina and in a quiet corner of town. Courteous staff obviously trained to please.

But I am writing this to add 2 more not-so-obvious reasons:
1) location: you can easily jump on a bus into town from the hotel or taxi - but the big draw for us was how close to Valle de Guadeloupe wine country it is, being in the Northern tip of town. Had I know it was only a 15 minute drive to the Valle, I would not have bothered booking the pain-in-the-neck B & B we did in the middle of the wine country. It would have been nicer to simply backtrack to the this hotel!
2) Unexpected treat was the restaurant (although we did not try breakfast): a great selection of Baja wines (although 1st 2 choices unavailable, but there were enough), but the food was consistently fantastic. The bread better than most in Italy on a recent trip. presentation very nice. Ingredients fresh and thoughtful combination of "Baja nouvelle". Reasonable pricing. One of the highlights of our wine country visit was the food here.

Room Tip: Beg for an upgrade - I can't be sure other rooms were as big/nice as the one we received
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank craigr22
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Craigr22,

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable review and given us a five star rating. It is a pleasure to please our distinguished guests with the best service.
We are truly happy to know that you enjoy your stay, also that the room, bedding and location were at your delight.
Wonderful to know that we amazed you with the unexpected treat at our restaurant Bistro & Cava. Thrilled to read that the presentation of the food, the bread and the quality of our fresh local ingredients were very nice. Your feedback is incredibly motivating and encouraging.
Also thank you for sharing the room tip.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another memorable stay at Hotel Coral & Marina.

Kind regards,
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We have stayed at Hotel Coral on many occasions. We have never had anything but a fantastic time! The past two years we have brought our mother, last year for her 89th birthday and this year for her 90th. The staff has always been very caring and accommodating. We consider them our friends. Reuben, who greets us every time we arrive and depart from the hotel, welcomes us with open arms as if we were visiting his home! Valentin delivers first class service at the desk at check-in. He has always been extremely attentive to the needs of our 90 year old mother. She has felt so welcome that she asked to come back again and again! We highly recommend this hotel to anyone who loves to be pampered!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane60750
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Diane60750,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and review our hotel in such a positive way.
It is wonderful to know that you and your family had a fantastic time staying with us, I'm delighted to read that your Mother's birthday celebration was here for the second year and that she felt welcome by our staff service and attentions.
Your warming words towards my team hold a great value to me, and I will certainly share your comment with my team they will appreciate this immensely.

Your kind recommendation makes us feel very proud and inspires us to continue improving and giving to our distinguished guests a first class service.

Best regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have been coming to this hotel every week for the last month and a half for as a result of my work. I heard that it's the nicest in town and they definitely charge like it is. This last week I had to change rooms three times in one week because the internet signal was so terrible that I wasn't able to work. I had to call and speak to multiple people who weren't able to fix the problem the first time. By the time I had gotten to my third room I was less than pleased. Another less than stellar performance was when I asked the front desk, as I was checking out, to book me a room for the following week that actually had functional internet. The woman informed me that my best best was to call at a later point to book the room. When I inquired she couldn't just take care of it herself she responded, "oh, I guess I could." Nice customer service. The same week the hotel gave me a gift card to refund some an overcharge on my AmEx. They told me that I had to register it online in order to use it. I went to the website and couldn't find the link. So, I called the front desk assuming that they would be able to instruct me quickly how to register their own gift cards. Instead, I was informed that I had to call back the following day to speak to the people in sales. When I expressed surprise that hotel management couldn't answer such a simple question the person rudely said that if I needed an answer today (I was hoping to use the gift card for dinner) he'd have to call someone to help him and that he'd call me back later. Dial tone. Again, customer service fail. For the price that you pay at this place, the level of service is just not where it should be.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room- they're nicer and more clean
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank Sara H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Well actually there are many, many reasons... Lets start with the staff. Seemingly everyone speaks perfect English and Spanish. I work in the luxury hotel business, and you can tell a staff that has been well trained and is prepared to serve. We had terrific experiences at every level, from doormen to Front Desk staff, to servers, housekeepers, etc. The room was impeccably clean and well maintained. We had a 'junior suite' which was larger than most LA apartments. The shower was huge, and unlike most hotels, the water pressure was superb. I saw a review that complained about Hotel Coral being too far from town, and I think this is exactly the opposite of the truth. I think the distance from town is a real plus. Hotel Coral is secluded from the noise and hustle & bustle of the city, yet is only a 3 - 5 minute drive to the Centro, the tourist area, and the Fish Market. The Bistro & Cava restaurant breakfast buffet was sublime. The choices were amazing, actually hard to believe that they could put out a spread that big. My god, they were spit roasting an entire lamb over a mesquite fire on Sunday at 9am! I do not understand why anyone would stay anywhere else. We will be back, and we hope its soon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg C
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear 750GregC,

Thank you for your extraordinary review, I am so delighted that you had a wonderful experience with us at Hotel Coral &Marina. Our goal is to deliver the very highest of standards in both product and personal service and your positive feedback is incredibly motivating and encouraging.

I am gratified that we met your expectations with the accommodations, the service and the breakfast buffet, wich is a wonderful concept in our restaurant and is increasingly popular with our non-residents and residents.

Thank you again for your kind words and recommendations.

Warm regards,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

we chose the coral as it is meant to be the nicest hotel in ensenada. that may be the case, however we were left very disappointed. the room we had was a good size but it was pretty worn. the carpet in particular was stained all over. the room was located directly above the construction taking place in the spa on the bottom level. there was loud construction noise throughout our stay and we therefore chose to leave a day early. the pool was murky and cold and no one we saw ventured into it. while they have a pool bar, there was no pool service for food, drinks or towel service which seemed odd as we happily would have had a marg to drown out the construction noise. seemed odd we weren't given a different room for at least the second night as the place seemed to have emptied out as we were the only group poolside that day. the breakfast buffet was great as was the service there. we had to negotiate for quite some time about the modified rate we were to be charged upon our early departure and in the end it was acceptable after some persistence on our part. the noise really was quite unbearable given the room we were allocated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Daren R
Dear Photofour,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us. I take this opportunity to send you a sincere apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay, because for us at Hotel Coral & Marina our main goal is to fulfill the expectations of every single guest we have . It is good to know that you like the size of the room and enjoyed the breakfast buffet as the service. Nowadays the hotel is at the process of remodeling, the 30% of the rooms are totally renewed and we continue with this process. We feel sorry about the inconvenience of the noise caused by the SPA construction. Once again I thank your for taking your time on sharing your feedback and we are making changes for the points you have mention.
All of us at Hotel Coral & Marina hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host in the near future.

Kind regards,