“Mr Villa at Hotel Coral is the very best!!!”

Hotel Coral & Marina
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I ditto everything that DJ1234 wrotw about out van trip to Ensenada on Presidents day weeked.

I would like to add that the hotel manager, Mr Villa, put this trip together for us with every detail managed perfectly. Plus he sent regular itinerary updates as our plans became more specific. Even with the perfectly planned itinerary, our driver Alejandro, was completely open to changes and suggestions along the way.

I have stayed at the Hotel Coral in Ensenada numerous times and with every visit, I notice positive changes in both the facility and grounds. I wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else when I travel to Ensenada.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Ann D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in such a positive light. I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and the visit to the vineyards.

So gratified that our staff was great for you particularly Alejandro, they genuinely care about our guests. Wonderful that you could notice all the positive changes we made since your last visit, more are coming for the comfort and satisfaction of our distinguished guests.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again during the year and thank you again for your great review and your preference to Hotel Coral & Marina.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The eight of us (adults), returned Monday after a beautiful 3 day / 2 night stay at Hotel Coral & Marina.

Mr. Villa was instrumental in putting together our package, which included transportation to/from Marina Del Rey-Ensenada. His attention to every detail, every winery reservation (we went wine tasting) – was impeccable.

If you’ve never driven or been to Ensenada, this is a fantastic way to familiarize yourself with the route. Even if you have driven to Ensenada before (we have been doing it for 20 years), it’s SO nice to leave the driving to someone else and just relax. It felt like our vacation really started the moment we got on the van.

Saturday morning, Alejandro, our driver arrived at our house at 7am, our reservation was for 7:30am. The other guests (not nearly as punctual as Alejandro) arrived around 7:45am and we loaded our luggage, departing at 8am. On the road, we enjoyed some breakfast burritos and snacks that we had brought from home. We played music from our ipods over the stereo (bring your own connector) and they even had a DVD player that could be hooked up via USB. We chatted and sang (poor Alejandro was subjected to my less-than-stellar vocals), making the drive-time seem very quick. The van is newer, with bench seating and seat belts. Quite comfortable. Alejandro had GPS and stayed in contact with the hotel via cell phone.

We arrived to Villa De Guadalupe a little early for our wine tasting reservations, so we asked Alejandro for recommendations to local places we could visit. He took us to the town of Francisco Zarco to a couple little country stores, where we tasted cheese and wine and condiments – we purchased some delicious treasures and these were places we would have never found on our own. We really enjoy Alejandro’s professionalism, his happy domineer and his genuinly nice personality.

The wine tasting at Sol Y Barro, Adobe Guadalupe and Emeve was exquisite! Even though the grape vines were bare during this time of year, Villa De Guadalupe is still beautiful! We ended the day with an early dinner at Sarmiento Restaurant located at Las Fuentes winery. Our van was greeted upon arrival by Mr. Fuentes, the owner. His daughter was our waitress – they made us feel like family. The cuisine was traditional Mexican food and it was terrific. All of us were blown away by the mushroom/garlic appetizer. They have store to shop for souvenirs.

Arriving at the hotel, the bellman promptly loaded our luggage onto carts and up to our rooms and reception expedited our check-in process.

Our hotel rooms were 3 Jr. Suite Kings & 1 Standard with two beds – 4 rooms total, all next door to one another. The views from the balconies, overlooking the marina are brilliant. Every room in the hotel has a view of the marina. Each room was spacious, with flat screen TVs, a safe, large bathrooms with a separate commode. The beds were comfortable with quality linens and our towels were really thick and soft. There are coffee makers in all the rooms and two bottles of water. As per our request, we had un-remodeled suites with refrigerators, which were perfect, because we had purchased some cheeses.

Each morning my husband and I would work out at the gym. There is a new elliptical machine that I really enjoyed (3 total now), my husband used 1 of the 3 stationary bikes. The gym has weights, weight machines 4 treadmills, 1 stair climber – enough equipment to keep your fitness on track while you are away from home.
One morning we decided to rent the new aqua bicycles (pic) in the marina – SO much fun! Our girlfriend did the paddleboard. Last time we used the kayak, which was fun too. Cost is normally $16 an hour, but they were running a 2 for 1 special, so it was only $8 each. We enjoyed walking around the marina, looking at the beautiful boats and spotting wildlife in the water.

Buffet breakfast was delicious both mornings! Sunday especially, was really nice with an abundance of fresh fruit, made-to-order omelets, fresh lamb cooked over and open fire outside, grilled clams and oysters, crème brule…this list goes on forever! The waiters could not do enough for us, bringing fresh made quesadillas and salsa, coffee and orange juice.

The new spa is in under construction; however I did not hear any noise while we were there. It is going to be huge and from the pictures –very modern. We were told that they hope to have it open by May. I look forward to utilizing their services.

The hotel bar is beautiful. Some friends also enjoyed the new Marina bar too– which is a little more casual, located near the marina store.

Sunday afternoon we went into town, where Papa’s and Beer was very lively (a cruise ship was in port). After a couple cervezas and some dancing, we did some shopping, then found our way to Taco Lindo next door to Papa's for an early dinner, where Martine took very good care of us. Then onto Hussong’s for some live mariachi and a night cap. Cab rides into / out of town were $8 ea way.

A good night’s rest at Hotel Coral and Marina and we departed, Monday at 11am. Our drive back, we had Francisco as our driver. He was very focused on the road, making us feel quite safe. The drive was smooth and the detour (from the toll road closure) seemed to only effect the time by about 15 minutes. We arrived at San Ysidro border behind only 3 other vans (there is a separate van-lane). We wheeled own luggage through the pedestrian lane (there is a separate van-pedestrian-lane) and customs, which only took about 10 minutes and we were back in the van on the US side of the border, headed home. Total time at the border: 1 hour 10 minutes (imagine those people traveling by auto in the regular lanes waited 4-5 hours, since it was a Monday of a holiday weekend and those in the regular pedestrian lane waited in excess of 2 hours). On the way back, some of us slept, some sang, some read…it was so nice to leave the driving to Francisco.

Special thanks to the warm and gracious staff at Hotel Coral for taking such good care of us, especially Mr. Villa for arranging our trip and the special gifts in our room and at check-out.

We are already planning the ‘next’ trip, which will be soon, very, very soon.

Room Tip: Hotel packages are a great way to save money!

Dear DJ1234,

Thank you very much for the astonished contribution to the TripAdvisor community. It is wonderful to read a detail experience wrote by our valuable guests.
Your generous words on me and my team are greatly appreciated and I will personally be thanking them, specially to Alejandro and Francisco.

Thank you for the many highlights you made: the driving service, the rooms, the gym, the marina fun activities, the Sunday brunch, the bar and for your
special thanks to my staff as I repeatedly said: I truly believe that Hotel Coral & Marina staff brings an excellent service.

We look forward to you and your friends returning, very, very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our Rotary group stayed here during a recent visit to Ensenada. The rooms were clean, spacious and we had a beautiful view from our 5th floor patio of the marina. We enjoyed the indoor spa and pool in the evening and the Sunday buffet breakfast is spectacular. It's a short taxi ride into the city for shopping or you can easily drive but parking is a nightmare in the city. The hotel has a nice covered garage. The property is controlled by a guarded gate. The service was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Nuwildcat65,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and rewarding us with your compliment "the Hotel is a keeper". Thank you for choosing Hotel Coral & Marina as host of your distinguished group.
I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed the accommodations and the marina view. Awesome! "spectacular sunday breakfast buffet" our restaurant staff will be happy to know about your special mention.
We truly believe that our staff brings an excellent service and remarks as you share with us validate it.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another stay at Hotel Coral & Marina.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here with my family for Christmas Week and we really enjoyed the property. Everything worked fine; the food was excellent; and the staff was truly helpful and knowledgeable. Senor Valentin at the front desk welcomed us when we arrived and kept us informed while we were there. When we departed we accidentally left a pair of expensive sun glasses in one of our rooms. The manager of the hotel and the administrative staff went out of their way to be certain that these were returned to us. Note, however, that the hotel is some distance from the center of town and that there is no beach. Fortunately, there are two large pools that are excellent for swimming laps or just relaxing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear jdobbins:

Thank you for your terrific remarks, which I have shared with our outstanding staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the food, the swimming pools and the customer service.
It is so nice to hear about your glasses experience, it is an honor been recognize for our honesty and loyalty to our distinguished guests.

Thank you for the special mention to our Manager, administrative staff and Valentin, we really appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently for two nights and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms were clean and food was great, specially the breakfast buffet. The staff were very friendly and spoke English which was a big help. I want to specially thank Pedro the bartender, who made it more enjoyable to have a drink at the bar and Jesus Camacho, the valet who saved us hours at the border crossing by getting us the fast lane pass. Thank you Jesus and Pedro
From BK

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear BK R,

Thank you for sharing with the TripAdvisor community your wonderful experience at Hotel Coral & Marina.
It is magnificent to know that you like the cleanness of the room and that you enjoy the food of Bistro Cava specially our delicious breakfast buffet.
We appreciate the mention you made for Pedro and Jesus is an inspiration for them and for all the staff to receive great remarks as the one you share with the community, personally I will thank to them.

As I said before, I am proud of our Staff and their passion for delivering service, I feel very glad to know that our commitment with guest satisfaction is being perceive.

I hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel coral with a friend for 3 nights. I was very pleased with my experience there. All though I speak some Spanish it was not necessary as all the staff (front desk, bell captains, dining room staff) spoke flawless english. The service was very professional and attentive (what I usually find in a 4+start hotel).The decor and landscaping are beautiful. The only downside, and this is minor, is the rooms are a little dated (decor) but not worn out and they use low energy bulbs that don't put off much light. The rooms themselves are huge and have great views and a great balcony. The room came with a great full service breakfast and spa credit. We used both. The gym is well equipped. The only other draw back is that there was some sort of problem with the jacuzzi heater and I was not able to use the jacuzzi the whole stay.

Room Tip: call the hotel directly to get the best rates. the rate the hotel gave us was far better than any o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear teentravelmom,

Thank you for your great contribution. I apologize for not meeting your expectations about the room decor and the light, at the present time we are working at the remodeling of the rooms 30% of them are totally renewed the names are Standard Deluxe, Junior Deluxe, Coral Deluxe, Master Single & Double Suite, Honeymooner and Presidential Suite. Sorry for the inconvenience with the Jacuzzi as you said we had a problem with the heater.

I feel glad to know that you had a pleased experience at the hotel and with our attentive staff, it is an honor to receive this remarks it encourage us to bring our distinguished guests the best service.

Thank you for sharing a room tip for the community.

I look forward to your return to Hotel Coral & Marina.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. It's our second time here in three months for a long weekend and we can highly recommend the food and the accommodation. The Sunday brunch especially is without equal!

Room Tip: Rooms on the sixth floor have been remodeled and are large, sunny and with a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Helen672,

We appreciate your comments and the worthy recommendation for the TripAdvisor community. It is very nice to notice that you are a frequent guest and our pleasure be your host.
Thank you for the remark of our famous and delicious Sunday brunch.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Coral & Marina soon.