“Great Breakfast at El Rey Sol”

El Rey Sol Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Ensenada
Cuisines: French, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Let yourself be seduce by the oldest french restaurant in Mexico in an atmosphere reminiscent of the days of Louis XIV. Delight yourself with our delicious and extensive menu of international cuisine and traditional Mexican dishes, paired with the best local and inter wines. Don't forget to try our famous french pastries.
Elk Grove, California
“Great Breakfast at El Rey Sol”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have had crepes and pastries here before, but never stopped for a meal, so this trip we decided it would be a great breakfast stop before continuing our trip down Baja. We each ordered a full breakfast and an additional plate of assorted pastries. The kids said their bacon was the best ever, and the pancakes, eggs and chiliquilles were great also. The coffee and hot chocolate really hit the spot too. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. We will make this one of our regular stops.

1 Thank Dan C
globetrotter60, Owner at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
I want to thank-you for trying us for more than our famed and savory pastries, a must in Ensenada. Please come back for our lunch and dinner menu, with many favorites from French cuisine, Mexican cuisine and local freshseafood. We have served many families since 1947, not an easy feat in the restaurant business. Hope to get to know you in the near future.

San Francisco, California
“Very good French-Mex restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had the ostridge in a lovelye port pear sauce, which was both interesting and very tasty. The desserts were also very good, and they have a good wine selection. Lovely dining experience!

1 Thank voyageouse
Ensenada, Mexico
“Consistent Excellence”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Last Friday evening I was invited to an intimate business meeting dinner for four at El Rey Sol.
Although I usually frequent this restaurant, I had not been here recently. Once again I was warmly greeted by the excellent service and ambiance of the Ensenada's premier restaurant!
The food was outstanding and praised by all... and the service was efficient and reliable, All of my fellow diners commented on the "CONSISTENT EXCELLENCE" of El Rey Sol.
It still remains in my eyes as one of the best restaurants in Baja!

2 Thank Bajagoug
Ensenada
“Great food !”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I eat here often, and all I can say is:
- The best food in town!, those 65 years have really created a standard wich has been followed through 3 generations, keep it up Mr. Bitterlin !

1 Thank Rodrigo R
Tijuana, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never come back to this again”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

i like the place, because is big and got a nice view . it was clean, but the food.... Better go to burger king. I order some Pulpo and some Camarones . the pulpo was undercooked and the camarones were too salty and uneatable because of this .

Visited September 2012
Dear Juan, I was mistified by your review, as I believe you have mistaken our restaurant with someone else. I say this because you mention that you like the view, yet our restaurant is fully enclosed, save some stained glass windows. You also mentioned pulpo(octupus), which is a dish we don't have on our menu. Hope you do visit our restaurant, winner of the 5 Star Diamond Award for the past 9 years, with a distinguished history of 65 years as an Ensenada landmark.