“Consistent Excellence”

Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Ensenada
Cuisines: French, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Let yourself be seduce by the oldest french restaurant in Mexico in an atmosphere reminiscent of the days of Louis XIV. Delight yourself with our delicious and extensive menu of international cuisine and traditional Mexican dishes, paired with the best local and inter wines. Don't forget to try our famous french pastries.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Last Friday evening I was invited to an intimate business meeting dinner for four at El Rey Sol.
Although I usually frequent this restaurant, I had not been here recently. Once again I was warmly greeted by the excellent service and ambiance of the Ensenada's premier restaurant!
The food was outstanding and praised by all... and the service was efficient and reliable, All of my fellow diners commented on the "CONSISTENT EXCELLENCE" of El Rey Sol.
It still remains in my eyes as one of the best restaurants in Baja!

2  Thank Bajagoug

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I eat here often, and all I can say is:
- The best food in town!, those 65 years have really created a standard wich has been followed through 3 generations, keep it up Mr. Bitterlin !

1  Thank Rodrigo R
Reviewed October 13, 2012

i like the place, because is big and got a nice view . it was clean, but the food.... Better go to burger king. I order some Pulpo and some Camarones . the pulpo was undercooked and the camarones were too salty and uneatable because of this .

1  Thank Juan l
globetrotter60, Owner at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Juan, I was mistified by your review, as I believe you have mistaken our restaurant with someone else. I say this because you mention that you like the view, yet our restaurant is fully enclosed, save some stained glass windows. You also mentioned pulpo(octupus), which is a dish we don't have on our menu. Hope you do visit our restaurant, winner of the 5 Star Diamond Award for the past 9 years, with a distinguished history of 65 years as an Ensenada landmark.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

impressive french food in Mexico, the escargots and pastries where wondreful, I also liked the chicken versalles

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Absolutely LOVE this place! The food is extremely great and delicious!

Staff is very clean and courteous. My family has been going to this place since more than twenty years ago and it still preserves its amazing quality and taste.

PS. Chilaquiles are AMAZING! Desserts are by far the best!!! Great French pastries!