Review Highlights
Great Day.

I had to endure a three day party cruise to Ensenada for a wedding, on our day in port I escaped... read more

Reviewed February 23, 2020
z00ropa
Los Angeles CA
Excellent kayaking excursion day with Baja Blue Diver

If you are looking for a fabulous excursion day in Ensenada Mexico, look no further. Our day... read more

Reviewed February 22, 2020
enjoyingserenity
Seattle, Washington

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Ensenada
from $32.50
from $65.39
from $76.93
from $28.00
More Info
All reviews sea urchins kelp forest scuba diving fish tacos wet suits highlight of our trip cruise ship port taco place super fun marine life minute ride diego cove snorkeled gear jonathon baja
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2017

We had a great experience with these gentlemen. Diego was a great guide for snorkeling and showed us pretty cool sea creatures. These gentlemen truly care about the experience and want everyone to have a good time and appreciate Ensenada. After snorkeling they took us to an amazing taco place, it was great. I fully recommend trying these guys out!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed April 5, 2017

Diego and Jonathon really had a good time with them as our guides. Diego had reached out to me a few days prior to our trip because another group wanted to visit the blow hole and he wanted to see if we were also interested, but we declined. With that being said, Diego and Jonathon picked us up in 2 different cars to accommodate my party and another party. (Total of 4 people all the together) Jonathon took my boyfriend and I to the destination through some really scenic routes. It was so nice! Too bad the day we booked the event, was foggy and cloudy. Still made the best of it! They had everything prepared for us such as wet suits and snorkeling gear. They were patient with us! They wanted to take us out to a cave near by the shore, but I was too scared. They offer lunch at fish tacos but since we're not fans of the fish tacos we asked jonathon to take us to any taqueria with carne asada. BOY DID HE SURPRISE US! He took us to a really GREAT place and til this day my boyfriend and I can't stop talking about it. He also took us back Beers and papas to meet up with the rest of our friends which was really nice of him. On the way back, we really got to know him and we really liked him.

The best part yet about this guy! My bf had forgotten his shoes in his car after we got dropped off. After a few hours my bf had reached out to Diego and Jonathon came to beers and papas to personally dropped off the shoes. We were so grateful, we wanted to buy him a drink but he politely declined.

Jonathon, Diego, you guys run a great business and if we come back, I'll definitely Scuba diving with you guys next time.

1  Thank Stfni N
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

At first I was scared to start snorkeling, but Diego got me going, and personally guided me throughout the cove. His brother Jonathan, and the university student (I'm sorry I forgot her name) all provided expert assistance to everyone in our novice group allowung us all to feel comfortable and enjoy the experience! They went above and beyond serving as tour guides on land and in the sea. I highly recommend Diego and his crew. They made our Ensanada visit a fun and memorable day. Thank You, abd best regards from Leslie, Pam, Mollie, Donte, Jenna, Cheryl, and Emma

3  Thank palemo3
Reviewed March 14, 2017

We are so glad we decided to get out of Ensenada and book a trip with Baja Blue Diver. Diego and Jonathan really made our day!

About 45 minutes outside of Ensenada you start up a windy rutted out dirt road through the mountainside. Fun in itself I thought! As you start down the other side you start to see the beauty of this place. What a beautiful secluded cove!
We booked the kayay trip for four of us and another nice couple joined us. So it was nice being the only 6 people out on the ocean. Diego and Jonathan were very helpful in getting us started and stuck with those who were uncomfortable in the beginning and constantly checking on them until they felt safe.
The rock formations are absolutely amazing. You can even kayak through an opening and out the other side of one.

I had a plan going into this, but was unsure of the area and if I could pull it off since I had never been there.
I had planned to find a beach area where I could hide a message in a bottle for my girlfriend to find. I wanted to propose somewhere out of our ordinary life that would be a lasting memory for us. I was able to talk with Diego and Jonathan while they were getting all of our gear ready. Diego's eyes light up with happiness and instantly had a plan to help me out.
He planned for Jonathan to take the other 4 to a beach further down shore and take my girlfriend and I to a smaller secluded beach so we could have some privacy. This worked out perfect! I was not that crafty with hiding the bottle, but lets just say it still worked out amazing and I got to propose to the most beautiful person in the world who is now my fiance! She said yes!!! :)
After that on the opposite side of this beach, it had a hole through the rock formations that went into what was almost like an open top cave. There was a mother seal and 3 cubs rolling around where the water entered into this place. We kept our distance and stayed quiet as to not scare or bother them, but it was another really beautiful site to see. What an amazing day!

We headed back towards Ensenada and made the stop for some fish tacos. Shark tacos! Oh yeah!!! These are all they have been hyped up to be and then some!

Over all I would absolutely recommend you spend some time with Diego and his crew if you are in Ensenada and looking for something fun to do. They were so nice and comfortable to be with, it really felt like we were hanging out with some friends on a trip.

Diego, I cannot thank you enough for giving all of us such a great time. And for taking the time to make mine and my girlfriends day extra special. You and Jonathan will forever be a part of our memory of an amazing day. I hope we have a chance to come and see you again!

1  Thank tyson2017
Reviewed March 7, 2017

This was the best thing we've ever done in Mexico! Diego and his brother picked us up just outside the cruise terminal and drove us on an adventure ride out of town to the hidden cove where we had an excellent snorkeling experience.
My 10-year old grandson was in absolute heaven!

Diego communicated in detail and promptly for making our reservation and answering all questions. They had the right sized gear for each of the 4 of us (3 adults and 1 child) and talked through everything in detail to make us all comfortable entering the water.
It was all personalized just for us and was concierge level service.

After our wonderful water exploration we climbed back into the van and headed toward Ensenada, but stopped first for a delicious fish taco lunch at a road-side taco stand with outdoor seating. EXCELLENT tacos - all you can eat.

Diego was very attentive in ensuring that we were back at the cruise terminal in plenty of time, in spite of the parade that blocked our route and took us around town in a different direction.

He was very knowledgeable about the area, the sea life, and the local fisherman.
We will definitely go out with him again on our next cruise to Ensenada. Thanks Diego for an awesome time!

Date of experience: September 2016