“Incredible ambience, great service, OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of L G Restaurante

L G Restaurante
Ranked #224 of 316 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stockholm, Sweden
“Incredible ambience, great service, OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

LG seems to be a very recognized place in Ensenada, and that can be easily explained by a comprehensive wine menu, an excellent service, reasonable prices and an incredible atmosphere.

Food is creative and essentially good, but not good enough to make it unforgettable. The temperature of dishes was slightly cold and they just tasted like they had been waiting for customers for too long.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank hecktorzr

Ensenada, Mexico
“Absolutely bizzare and terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I went to LG when my mom visited in November 2010. Great food, great margaritas, very good service.
In July 2011 I returned with my partner. We expected the best, but received the worst. I will NEVER return and encourage other to avoid this restaurant as well.

The restaurant was not crowded and we were seated quickly. Although we were neatly dressed, quiet and respectful, after a full 10 minutes with no service, we had to call our waiter over to ask for drinks. I ordered a margarita while my partner ordered a beer. The waiter was visibly put off by both my partner's presence (he is Mexican) and his selection of drinks. The anti-Mexican and/or anti-gay bias was in full swing. The drinks eventually arrived and another full 10 minutes lapsed with no menus, no bread, no attention whatsoever. My partner wanted to leave, but I was very hungry. I called the waiter over and said I wanted to order. We were handed menus with an audible sigh from the waiter. I ordered something I can't even recall.

The margarita certainly wasn't as good as the first time I was there and the food was only average. We never did get the bread the other patrons received and were never asked how the food was or if we wanted another drink.

This was my only dining experience in 50 years where I felt open hostility from the staff. Even if the food had been perfect (which it certainly was not) I would not go back to a restaurant where I obviously was not welcome.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Thomas G
Baja California Norte, Mexico
“L G Restaurante--A Pleasant Restaurant Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

We were at the restaurant on two ocassions in the last several weeks. We live in Baja and go to Ensenada with visitors very frequently. This is the first time we went to this restaurant with friends, once for breakfast and once for dinner. The breakfast and dinner were both excellent. The Stuffed French Toast was very good. The fruit was fresh and delicious. The pastries brought to our table were baked in the L G kitchen. They were something like apple and cheese turnovers. We told our waiter Tony that they were great. He brought 4 more in a bag so we could take them home.
Dinner--the shrimp dishes we had were very good. One shrimp dish was something like Shrimp Carbonara. The sauce was good and the shrimp fresh. Cesear Salads were good, not swimming in dressing.
Prices were very good.
Like most Ensenada Restaurants, we did not have any beef. (Go to Sanos if you want steak in Ensenada, aged rib eye is outsanding)

• Visited January 2012
San Diego, CA
“better luck another place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Their ingredients don´t seem high end everything feels like it is frozen, it seems geared just to tourist that read the menu and walk in and they don´t worry about getting returning customers.

Ensenada, Mexico
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Always consistent with great food and service. Substantial wine list of local wines. Reasonable prices. Have never been disappointed by what I ordered. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days a week.

1 Thank Kathleen T