“Very funky but worth the stop”
Review of Art and Beer

Art and Beer
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Read about it here before we went, so we decided to stop. What a weird and funky place. It was sundown so we didn't have too much time to explore the grounds. Decided to stay and eat. Portions were huge and it is by far the freshest fish, salsa and vegetables I have ever had. Only complaint I could say is that the food is a little too expensive. It is worth a stop.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Out in the middle of nowhere South of Pescadero and the Cerritos Surf Colony, stop at "Art & Beer". Very unique and interesting experience. I had heard that the Chocolate Clams were a must so I ordered a tray. Excellent taste (not chocolate) and very large margaritas. Friendly folks told us how they built the place. Got a couple beers to go also. Limited menu but plenty of tequila in their bar. A must stop for something very very unique.

1  Thank UltimateSports
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is one of the best places to go to enjoy local color. The owners are inviting you into their home, some folks forget this. They are artists, very cool, laid back, generous and don't want anyone there who is not chill. If you are into great drinks and special tapas with an amazing view art and creative art go! It is a once in a life time must! Go relax and enjoy their special hospitality.
Do remember it is cash only and smile! I went in 2006 and again this October I brought my daughter. It was one of the highlights of her first time in Cabo. I am sure she will be back and bing her friends.

3  Thank photoMOMontheGO
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Art and Beer was recommended to us by a local from the states, so on the way to Cerriots beach we decided to stop. Our experience was very similar to those who rated this establishment average. We didn't have any negative encounters with the owners, but did feel like the food and drinks were over priced. The portions were large, including the margarita which was weak and as big as my head, and for what we ordered, in Mexico, so was the bill. Our lesson learned was always ask the price before ordering when they aren't posted. Your best best. . . beer.

I noticed in another review that someone thought the restroom to be horrible. I didn't find this to be true. I thought it was clean, however very rustic, like the place in general. I guess my expectation isn't the same when I'm in the middle of nowhere. If you are used to having running water and a towel to dry your hands, this is not the place for you.

The owners were definitely eccentric but we did not have the negative experience with them. They were very matter of fact when we were there. Some of the art is interesting. I bought a coffee mug with one of the collages on it for a mere $15. We chalked our visit here up to an interesting experience, and will not be back.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This review is long over due but I just had to write about our culinary experience there. But here are a few thoughts about the place...On our way back from visiting La Paz, we came across this hidden gem off the highway. This place is unique in and of itself with local art work and an outdoor walk around museum. It is eco-friendly and using the bathroom there is an experience all in its own...bring your toilet paper (If they don't have any available in the bathroom, you will be out of luck BUT it's really clean).

Now about the food...DELICIOUS!!! We ordered 3 tostadas (Mackerel, Shrimp, and Crab) which were accompanied with 2 hugh chocolate clams. We were given a fresh vegetable soup to start with (YUM!). When our tostadas arrived we were impressed with the hugh portions of fresh fish they had. The side salsas were out of this world - if you like inferno hot salsa like its going to melt your mouth, hey, they have it. The margaritas were made fresh with local fruits and were generously proportion. Everything there was TOP-NOTCH!

I have read other reviews and I will have to disagree with some of the reviewers. Yes, the owner is a bit rough around the edges. But they take pride in their place (as they should) and this place has a more "home" feeling then a restaurant/bar feeling. So if you go and visit this place just keep this in mind...YES the food will be delicious but also, you are visiting someone's home so be patient and wait to be served and enjoy the experience! Needless to say, I am looking forward to going back.

1  Thank Julie C