“My Favorite Windsurfing Destination in the Whole Wide World”

SoloSports Adventure Holidays
More attraction details
Owner description: Punta San Carlos enjoys world class surfing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, mountain biking, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, hiking, fishing and more!
Portland, Oregon
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“My Favorite Windsurfing Destination in the Whole Wide World”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been traveling to PSC every spring for more than 15 years. This place has the most user friendly down the line wave(s) you could imagine. Now that we can fly in from San Diego, the trip is way easy. Jump on the Cessna with Mike or Jose, bring your harness and wetsuit (+ a few more clothes), and a few hours later you are sailing down the line on their top quality gear.

If you have any special needs, just make sure to ask KT with enough time for him to get it down to camp. He, Clark, Amarita and the gang aim to please. Good food, good friends, and great bar tending at a very special place. I plan to come for years to come.

Visited May 2013

santa cruz, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome, Epic, Incredible! Loved it!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Solo Sports and I can't say enough about how amazing, comfortable, different, and awesome it is!
Kevin and his wife, Kathy, have built an incredible "Glamp" that couldn't be in a more beautiful spot. I surf and my husband windsurfs, but there's so much else to do there it boggles the mind - kiting, hiking, mountain biking, SUP, etc.
The service is also completely amazing. You literally are taken care of in every way, shape, and form... from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner are plentiful, fresh, and incredibly delicious. From local lobster and fish, to perfect steak and home-made Pozole, the food will NOT let you down. There is also a huge amount of options for snacks and drinks ALL day, which is a relief when you're playing hard at so many fun activities.

They have the latest and extremely well-maintained professional gear for windsurfing, kiting, biking, SUP, etc. I've traveled all over the world to surf/sports camps and the gear at Solo is by far superior to any I've visited.
The mountain bike trails are the most beautiful and varied I've ever seen. From beginner to pro, they are well-marked and will blow your mind. The waves are incredible, there's never a crowd (where else can you get that!?), and the wind picks up like clock work most afternoons.

My husband and I drove from Santa Cruz, Ca, which was stunningly beautiful, but from what I was told by other guests, Kevin and Kathy make ALL arrangements to fly people in from all over the country. We spoke to several guests who flew in and they said the flight down the Baja California Coast was absolutely gorgeous.
Did I mention the bar? Most guests gather for drinks for an hour or two before dinner and it's a blast. Do yourself a favor and have at least one 'Baja Fog' (a Solo Sports invention) while you're there. Then get a good nights sleep beneath the brightest stars you've ever seen in the utter quiet and peacefulness that exists in that little slice of Baja heaven.

- Kim (and Doug)!

Visited September 2013
San Clemente, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A huge surprise ! GLAMPING!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband has been going to this spot for over 20 years. I'm not the best of 'campers' - I love my luxury way too much but I decided to 'brave' it and go see what he has loved all these years. I also knew that Kevin and Kathy have been upgrading the camp for many years. We drove down from San Clemente, CA. I was all prepared for the 8-10 hour drive. When we got to the last part that is the 38 miles of 'off road' to get to the camp, I was not prepared and totally surprised by the stunning change of scenery. Around every new 'bend' was a different type of landscape. It was breathtaking. My surprise only amplified on arriving at the camp. This was 'my style' of camping. Neatly organized 'tents' on carpeting; Panoramic 360 degree views - ocean on the one side - and mountains on the other side. The beauty was extraordinary. Hot showers, internet access and the most incredible food you'll ever get 'camping' - guaranteed! Kevin and Kathy's hospitality was great. Their staff are well trained - and all guests are treated like VIP's I noticed. As a wife who does not SUP, surf or kite board or windsurf, It was great to be able to go for long walks and hikes, and the mountain biking trails are incredible. The camp site is very clean and exceptionally well organized. I'd encourage people to go just for the experience - regardless of whether they do the water sports or mountain biking. We had friends who came with their 2 year old and 4 year old - who had such a great time. We met the most incredible people from all over the world, many of them who come every year for weeks at a time. This is a very special place, and I'll be back for sure although next time I'll be 'flying' in -as they have a rustic but safe landing strip for light air-craft and many people make use of this method of transport. Thank you so much Kathy and Kevin and Joey for your wonderful hospitality.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Exdurban
corpus Christi, Texas, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We came for windsurfing and mountain biking and those were excellent, but we got to try different adventures every day also: trail running, hiking, surf kayaking, surfing, and stand up paddling. The staff is attentive in good ways--not hovering, but the moment you need something they realize almost before you do and they are there to help. From redoing the downhaul on an unfamiliar sail to setting me up with their personal mast mount for my GoPro to guiding us on an almost 4-hour mountain bike adventure, the staff went above and beyond to make every day fun. They even took photos of us on the water and burned us disks to take home.

My two main worries before coming were food (I have a big appetite) and the cold water. Both fears were unfounded. The meals are plentiful and there is a lot to snack on, even a secret stash of chocolate that appeared magically partway through the week. The water didn't bother me through my 4/3 wetsuit because the air temp is comfortable, and you're moving around so much it actually feels good to fall in. We visited in late May and I did not need the hood or neoprene gloves I had brought, or the boots and winter coat mentioned in the packing list. A sweater, pants, sneakers, and hat at night were plenty. The one thing I wish I brought was a camelbak bladder to use with their cycling backpacks. It wasn't windy every day, but we never got bored or even needed the books and games we had brought. Each day was a pattern of play, rest, repeat. Despite a constantly active week, we returned home refreshed and rested due to being taken care of so well.

Visited May 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Surf, kitesurfing, windsurfing, mountain bike spot ever !”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is the second year we spend our extreme holidays at SoloSports. These guys have the place dialed and they set you up from head to toes with everything you need in terms of surfing, SUP, kitesurfing, windsurfing and mountain bike. Solo sports turns a harsh spot into a super comfortable and radical holiday. You need to love waves, wind and be ready to mountain bike some of the most amazing trails thru the Baja desert which surrounds Solo Sport.
Not a place for families but absolutely perfect for a nice group of friend with whom you want to share amazing conditions on and off the water. The fly in option from San Diego makes it easy and quick to get there...the after hours can be as exciting as the ones you will spend doing your favorite activity thanks to the friendly setting and a super fun cantina they have set up in the camp ! Fun times, good people, amazing conditions...you cannot possible ask for more !

Visited October 2012